I am in final stages of our Sri Lanka trip planning, first time visit, going in the mid of March for 14 nights. We are 4 friends traveling, in our 50's, interested in cultural sights and local experiences.
Could I get some reviews of my plan please, if there is anything sensible to change or adjust:
- Day 4. Heading to Kandy, botanical garden visit, Temple of the Sacred Tooth, evening show.
- Day 5-6. Leaving to Nuwara Eliya, 2 nights. Victoria park, Pedro Tea Estate and World's End trail.
- Day 7-8. Morning train to Ella, stay 2 nights. Little Adam's Peak, Nine Arch Bridge.
- Day 9. Leaving to Tissa, stay 1 night before safari in Yala NP.
- Day 10. Early morning safari in Yala. Going to Tangalle afterwards.
- Day 11-12. Tangalle, relax at beach for 3 nights.
- Day 13. Galle 1 night.
- Day 14. Negombo visit and overnight close to the airport, early morning flight home. Antigen test at the airport.
I am still debating if we need a driver for a whole time or can we do with taxis from point to point. Our first hotel offers $90 transfer to Sigiriya, is that reasonable for a van?
Any idea for a van taxi prices :
Sigiriya to Kandy
Kandy to Nuwara Eliya
Ella to Tissamaharama
Tissamaharama to Tangalle
Tangalle to Galle
Galle to Negombo
Could we include some cinnamon factory if there is any available close to our route?
appreciate all comments and grateful in advance for any ideas, thank you!