We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Completed forms for entry to Sri Lanka

Penzance, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
59 reviews
58 helpful votes
Completed forms for entry to Sri Lanka
Save

What documents need to be uploaded to the final health declaration form. I believe it to be vaccination certificates, front and back pages of passport and PCR results.

As we will be on a tight time limit (PCR 48 hours S Dubai transit) and a lot of travelling/overnight stay at Heathrow)

is it possible to fill most of the forms (we have 4 to complete) in advance, save and pick up when needed?

Do we upload photos of the documents? And most importantly, has anyone found them too big and had to reduce them, if so, how.

As you can tell we are technologically challenged! Also as we don’t have a laptop, it will be done on an iPad or iPhone.

Thanks Chris

34 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11,447 posts
39 reviews
162 helpful votes
1. Re: Completed forms for entry to Sri Lanka
Save

You have to wait until you have your PCR results for the documents to be uploaded. I don't think there is a way to upload some documents ahead of time and then upload the PCR results when you get them.

All documents have to be in JPEG format and keep the file sizes small, less than 1 MB each. It should be simple to take a photo of the document and then reduce the file size. No PDF files, the site will not accept those.

If you cannot upload the docs, you can still take the printed copies of all documents and present them at the airport.

Penzance, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
59 reviews
58 helpful votes
2. Re: Completed forms for entry to Sri Lanka
Save

Thanks for your reply. Most useful.

I was hoping there was a save it for later option. Never mind.

When you say if impossible we can take the printed documents, do you think that would be challenging on check in/transiting?

Chris

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11,447 posts
39 reviews
162 helpful votes
3. Re: Completed forms for entry to Sri Lanka
Save

Not really, at the check-ins they will inspect the printed docs. That would not be a problem. Just have everything ready. When we travelled in late December, we had all documents in our phones and had a backup file of all painted docs. In most places, it was easier just to show them the hard copies than searching in your phone.

Penzance, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
59 reviews
58 helpful votes
4. Re: Completed forms for entry to Sri Lanka
Save

Thanks again

London, United...
Level Contributor
436 posts
21 reviews
24 helpful votes
5. Re: Completed forms for entry to Sri Lanka
Save

Hi Chris.. We are due to travel in a few weeks so can I tap into what you have learned about the requirements

As I understand we need.

A visa

A covid insurance policy

Neg pcr 72 hours max

Health declaration form.

Proof of vaccine status on paper.

We do the visa 1st, then buy the covid policy.

The health declaration is completed last once you have the pcr result.

I assume a locator type form is part of the health declaration?

Does this all agree with your findings.?

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
73 posts
9 reviews
4 helpful votes
6. Re: Completed forms for entry to Sri Lanka
Save

Hi David,

I'm flying out next Friday and that's exactly as I see it.

Also, hoping the UK drops it's day 2 test on arrival back in UK by the time we fly back, it certainly looks like it is going to happen in the next few days.

Penzance, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
59 reviews
58 helpful votes
7. Re: Completed forms for entry to Sri Lanka
Save

Hi David

That’s what we understand. As we are flying Emirates, we have to have a 48 hour PCR going, transiting through Dubai. 72 hours coming back as again transiting Dubai.

Started on the visas, we have 4 to do. First one was a nightmare as we couldn’t get the drop boxes to drop on the form! Eventually after much googling we changed the server from safari to google chrome and they worked!

Unbelievably it took 2.5 hours to do one!!! And much swearing. We did another last night in 30 minutes. Will complete the rest tonight.

It does say 48 hours confirmation back but apparently that’s not the case. As you said, Covid Insurance next which should be easy.

A bit worried about the health declaration/locator form as we can’t complete until 48 hours before and a bit worried about uploading certificates etc as apparently they have to be JPEG and less than 1 MB in size.

We’re not experts in that area.

If the worst came to the worst, does anyone know if you can print off and take a manual copy. Obviously wouldn’t have QR code.

Be glad when it’s all complete.

London, United...
Level Contributor
436 posts
21 reviews
24 helpful votes
8. Re: Completed forms for entry to Sri Lanka
Save

Gosh that's a pain doing pcrs for transit. We are vai Doha so don't think we need do that. I think the test on return will go shortly. It seems a bit pointless tbh.

We shall do all on line and print as well just in case. On all previous visits we printed the visa incase there was an issue.

We travel in six weeks so hopefully we can all get some feedback on how it goes.

We can't wait to go even if the paperwork is a bit daunting.

Thank you both for the replies.. Enjoy your trips.

Penzance, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
59 reviews
58 helpful votes
9. Re: Completed forms for entry to Sri Lanka
Save

Hi again,

I guess if the PCR test goes, we still will have to fill a Passenger Locator Form in but without the PCR reference number?

Poland
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
2 helpful votes
10. Re: Completed forms for entry to Sri Lanka
Save

Hi,

regarding the covid health insurance do we need to buy SriLankan, or can be issued by any international company? I have my insurance from AXA (covid is included)

Reply to: Completed forms for entry to Sri Lanka
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.