We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sri Lanka Travel

Craven Arms, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
30 reviews
Sri Lanka Travel

Hello

I am trying to plan our honeymoon next July to Sri Lanka.

Please can anyone tell me roughly the time and price from Colombo airport to Sigiriya in a taxi, and the same information from Sigiriya to Trincomalee?

I have looked into helitours and think a flight would be our best option from Trincomalee back to Colombo. Do they have an office at Bandaranaike International Airport where i could book my return tickets? Do these flights get booked up fast? I am quite worried in case we are not able to get a flight back to Colombo, I do not fancy the train.

Thank you

Adele

4 replies to this topic
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
63,840 posts
231 reviews
1. Re: Sri Lanka Travel

Hi Adele,

When you arrive it might be too late to get a plane seat, and also last time I did not see office there anymore. (After all they fly to/from Ratmalana, not CMB airport). Hence first try to book online at their own site (not the greatest quality :-), otherwise find a local operator that can call them.

Cabs are Rs 75/km hence rougly 14,000 + 6,000 for your legs.

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Craven Arms, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: Sri Lanka Travel

thank you very much for your help.

Do you know rough times for the taxi journeys?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
63,840 posts
231 reviews
3. Re: Sri Lanka Travel

Hi again,

30-40 km/h hence 4.30 and then 2 hours (after Habarana speeds are better).

<Erik>

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
44 posts
4. Re: Sri Lanka Travel

Its better to find Uber or pickme when you arrived srilanka. they are good and safe. i also use both of them. Also i have a friend of mine who offered me a good cab service with best price and unlimited mileage. Let me know if you need more info. since you are in your honeymoon mode. you might not travel much i guess.

Reply to: Sri Lanka Travel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted