We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking yoga in the Maldives

Egypt
Level Contributor
60 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Seeking yoga in the Maldives

Where can I find good yoga classes in the Maldives?

London
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeking yoga in the Maldives

Many, many resorts offer yoga. I would just Google 'yoga Maldives' and most of the resort websites that offer it as an activity should come up.

Bruce

www.maldivecomplete.com

Egypt
Level Contributor
60 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seeking yoga in the Maldives

Thanks, I did this already, I was looking for specific, personal recommendations.

London
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seeking yoga in the Maldives

What's your budget?

I've done yoga at Kanuhura and Kuda Huraa (yes, I have trouble keeping them apart in my head). Both were great. But, we don't do a lot of yoga on holiday.

Bruce

www.maldivescomplete.com

Surrey
Level Contributor
119 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seeking yoga in the Maldives

Ok so on the understanding I dont do yoga at all, and I have only been to 3 resorts in the Maldives, what I can say is that my wife enjoyed compliementary yoga sessions at both Island Hideaway and Dusit Thani. At Hideaway as I recall it was done at dawn on the beach outside the villa. I think at Dusit she also did it at dawn but on the deck of an empty water villa.

Incidentally her all tim efavourite was at Four Seasons in the Seychelles. Again complimentary and at dawn but done in the spa which was on top of a granite cliff with amazing views across the resort, the forest below, and the indian ocean.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seeking yoga in the Maldives

They do yoga (whatever that means) at maafushivaru and have a separate yoga pavilion out over the lagoon to 'do' your yoga thing

Loughborough...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Seeking yoga in the Maldives

Hi I am interested in finding yoga resorts in maldives too email me on donna,richardson1980@gmail.com

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,178 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seeking yoga in the Maldives

the yoga was the best thing to be had at reethi rah

donna ... posting your email in a public forum is a terrible idea . i suggest you delete that . answers will be posted here . no need to email

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
26,839 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seeking yoga in the Maldives

Donna. You should not have your personal email on an open international website as Spammie says.

click on Report Inappropriate post in blue at the bottom right of your post.

Then choose delete my post.

I would suggest you post again on the forum with your own question rather than someone elses old thread to get more up to date answers.

Edited: 09 June 2013, 00:42
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,224 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seeking yoga in the Maldives

Baros has a yogi and offers individual yoga or classes or simply places where you can do your own - each bungalow comes with a yoga mat. Going for first visit in a couple of months plus so cannot comment how it was yet. More details on its website and newsletter.

South Wales
Level Contributor
313 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Seeking yoga in the Maldives

Constance Moofushi also have yoga. There was a pavilion over the sea that was used. Never tried it so no more info than that sorry!