We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked to go to Biyadhoo in 2012!!!!!!

Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
127 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Booked to go to Biyadhoo in 2012!!!!!!

We are very excited as we have managed to find a great deal to Biyadhoo for 10 days AI in June - hooray. We did not think we would be able to afford to go this year, but have managed it after all so very excited. We know the accommodation at Biyadhoo is a but tired, but when the price was the same as going to Cyprus AI for 2 weeks we could not resist - counting the days now.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Booked to go to Biyadhoo in 2012!!!!!!

If you can get Athuruga for only a few hundred more than Angaga, then go fo it. Athuruga is a gorgeous island, with a great atmosphere and AI package.

Last time I looked it was coming in at a lot more than Angaga.

OD

suffolk
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Booked to go to Biyadhoo in 2012!!!!!!

I booked last May and Angaga was coming out around £4250 on hb+ for 2 people that was booking island and flights independently for 12 nights . booked Athuruga for £4500 AI .

Andy

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,468 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Booked to go to Biyadhoo in 2012!!!!!!

I was quoted around £3,800 for Angaga HB+ for 10 nights, I think I'd rather pay the extra £200 and have 10 nights at Athuruga.

Sometimes wonder how I ended up with Reethi but I did!

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Booked to go to Biyadhoo in 2012!!!!!!

Hi

We have been to both Biya and Angaga and would not put them in the same category but would happily go back to either.

Andy is spot on with his description of the rooms at Biya - they are very basic/in need of a refurb as is the island but then you are not playing top dollar prices. Angaga has a more of the typical maldivian feel to it - open air bathrooms, reed roofed detached bungalows with maldivian swings on the patio and a sand floor restaurant - none of which you will find on Biya. Food is better on Angaga - can get a little repetitive if you don't pace yourself, Biya has a much smaller selection everyday but the chefs will go out of their way if there is something particular you need (extra chillies for the curries and biscuits spring immediately to mind). If you want to look at Angaga's rooms Ian has posted a link to his flickr page on the Komandoo thread of Veronica T. Both reefs are good - Angaga is central in the Ari atholl - less current and near the dive sites in South Ari, Biya is in the Guraidhoo channel - chance of more current and also near some very good dive sites.

Haven't been to Cyprus so cannot comment but love Greece especially Andros (holiday destination of choice every year for many years) I'm sure you are aware that AI does not mean the same thing in the Maldives as other countries but Biyadhoo's AI is generous by comparison with some islands.

Will be able to compare Ellaidhoo soon as we are there in a couple of weeks - in the pool tomorrow for diving gear tests - yahoo!

H

Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
127 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Booked to go to Biyadhoo in 2012!!!!!!

we have been to the Maldives before; to Kurumba twice then Kuramathi and in 2009 we went to Ellaidhoo. We enjoyed all, but particularly loved the snorkelling at Ellaidhoo, and the great service, but the costs was a little too much for us this year. We are regulars to this forum - basically every day! and think we know what to expect with Biyadhoo. We went to Corfu last year and had a great holiday in a 2.5 star apartment that was in a beautiful location. I just need to get another Maldives fix and it has been way too long!

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Booked to go to Biyadhoo in 2012!!!!!!

We have been to Biyadhoo twice and would go back tomorrow.

As previously mentioned, the rooms are a bit tired, but how long do you spend in the room?

The bar had been refurbished between our two visits and is now much more of a pleasant place to sit.

The restaurant could do with a little more light, and the choice is not as great as on some other islands, but you won't go hungry I'm sure. The desserts in particular are excellent.

The housereef is the second best I have seen in 8 visits to the Maldives, there is plenty to see on there.

Wherever you choose, I'm sure you will get the same disease as the rest of us on here - Maldivitis, incurable but symptoms can be alleviated slightly by repeat visits.

Sue

South Wales
Level Contributor
928 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Booked to go to Biyadhoo in 2012!!!!!!

Just priced up 2 weeks AI in September with Tropical Warehouse and am seriously tempted. I hadn't even really considered Biyadhoo but the more I see the better it seems to get and really a fraction of the price that I was expecting to pay! I've just been talking to an ex dive instructor and he says that the reef and diving is fantastic here.

Debs

18. Re: Booked to go to Biyadhoo in 2012!!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 22:13