We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best honeymoon resort in Maldives for my budget

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Best honeymoon resort in Maldives for my budget

Hey everyone

I have been reading these forums for about a week now and you all seem very knowledgeable. I have read so many resort/island and it just gets more and more confusing.

Am planning on surprising my fiancé for our honeymoon and as part of our trip we will be going to Maldives for 4-5 nights. What would you suggest as a good resort to stay in for relaxation, good beaches, food and a bit of snorkeling(not a professional). Budget would be no more than $1000 a day preferably full board. We will be going the last week of may 2012. Am looking at the cocoa Island resort or the Hilton so far but there are so many to choose from.

Thanks in advance.

London
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
78 reviews
1. Re: Best honeymoon resort in Maldives for my budget

You wont go wrong with either Cocoa or Hllton if they fit your budget.

Basically, ALL Maldives resorts offer 'relaxation, good beaches, food and a bit of snorkeling' so you have to be more discriminating than that to differentiate.

Bruce

www.maldivescomplete.com

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Best honeymoon resort in Maldives for my budget

Hi Bruce

Thanks for that, , we are just after a couple of days of heaven on a beautiful island, i think if it can do that we will be over the moon, one thing that i forgot to mention that is we would definately want an over-water villa and if possible a plunge pool/outdoor jacuzi.

After another night of research it seems i am down to either Cocoa Island or Constance Moofushi, the one is AI, other is not but at the end of the day when you spending that kind of money a few included drinks here and there will not be the deciding factor.

It seems Cocoa is by speedboat and Moofushi you arrive by plane, which of these would be the better experience.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
15,436 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: Best honeymoon resort in Maldives for my budget

seaplane any time ! moofushi would be an easy choice for me to make between these two

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,104 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: Best honeymoon resort in Maldives for my budget

Staying 4-5 nights (very few nights), i would stay at male atolls and spend the most posible time at the island...

Nor Cocoa nor Moofushi has plunge pool/jacuzzi

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Best honeymoon resort in Maldives for my budget

Thanks spammie :)

Mariaeugene while 4 nights may not seem like a lot to most it would be longer than any place we have stayed before on holiday, it is a short relaxing break before we move onto the more active parts of the trip. We are flying via singapore to our destination and figured this would be a great place to stay for 4 nights instead of Cancun which is where we were going to be staying. When you say Male Atolls are you referring to Cocoa?

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,104 posts
16 reviews
6. Re: Best honeymoon resort in Maldives for my budget

I am referring to Cocoa or any other resort at Male Atolls...

If you are going to other places but you haven't booked yet, maybe you could consider to do the Maldives part at the end... I can't think of a better way to end your honeymoon... If it is not possible, then it will be a great start...

What i mean is that i don't know at what time you'll arribe at male, maybe in the afternoon or at night, and then you should stay one night in male if you go to a resort which is not at male atolls, and if your departure plane leaves at night (i don't know), by seaplane, you would stay at male maybe at 5 pm, while if you stay at male atolls you could go later... So it is important to make a decision considering your timetables...

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Best honeymoon resort in Maldives for my budget

Thanks Mariaeugene, i must say this site has been a HUGE help as i would not have known about the flight times and delays otherwise.

I was going to do it at the end to start with but i just cant tie up the flight correctly and we end up wasitng a good 12 hours in singapore and heaps more in MALE airport, for some reason (not ideal) but if we do it at the start of the trip we land in at MALE at 11am and leave out of MALE at 12:30 in the arvo so it just worked out better that way. We end up gaining a day on our holiday somehow.

Booking the tickets on Sunday so got another 2 days to search through some more resort threads :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Best honeymoon resort in Maldives for my budget

Now i have seen Constance Halaveli which looks great and has plunge pool on the deck on the over water villa.

Why are there so many beautiful resorts in the Maldives, cant they see they are making it too hard to choose just one.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
283 reviews
9. Re: Best honeymoon resort in Maldives for my budget

or soneva fushi

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,104 posts
16 reviews
10. Re: Best honeymoon resort in Maldives for my budget

I am right now at Constance Halaveli... We love it... Yesterday a manta was swimming in front of our Villa at the end of the reef side in sean ow waters... We couldn't relieve it...