We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Looking for a cheap honeymoon package to Maldives

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Help! Looking for a cheap honeymoon package to Maldives

I'm getting married in Nov 2011, and would really like to honeymoon in Maldives. I've searched a lot online, but most of the resorts are super expensive, or if they are of a lower rate, I'm concerned they wouldn't provide the view/facilities/privacy we are looking for. Our budget is limited to only 1500$ total. We would preferably like to go with an All Inclusive package, so that we can keep the expense under control. Please help!

Thanks in advance.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: Help! Looking for a cheap honeymoon package to Maldives

Hi

Is your budget of $1500 per person? Also, how long did you want to stay in the Maldives? $1500 doesn't get you very much in the Maldives I'm afraid.

OD

Truro, United...
Level Contributor
590 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Help! Looking for a cheap honeymoon package to Maldives

Hi

Congrats on the wedding.

Is that your total budget for two people, eg. International flight, transfers, accommodaton, ? Which board(BB , HB,Fb or AI), taxes etc? Or is it just for accommodaton?

BFB

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: Help! Looking for a cheap honeymoon package to Maldives

With that budget in total, excluding flights i doubt it is possible even if it was per person you will be struggling and you are pricing yourself at the very lower end of the market you should probarly be thinking of doubling it.What do you want for your money, how long ?

AI in the maldives is not like the caribbean there are exclusions and it varies from island to island so you need to read the small print.

three reasonable islands to look at are club Faru, Summer Island village and biyadhoo these all do AI but then there are others which do FB ie all your meals but drinks not included,however as everything is imported things add up quickly

Sg

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Help! Looking for a cheap honeymoon package to Maldives

My budget is 1500$ for the accomodation/food/activities. I can probably go up to 1650. I know its quite less but with financing the wedding, that's all we can afford.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
15,424 posts
23 reviews
5. Re: Help! Looking for a cheap honeymoon package to Maldives

how many days is this supposed to be for ?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Help! Looking for a cheap honeymoon package to Maldives

Is that budget for both of you or per person? Because if it's for both of you, I think it's probably too low.

Is your heart set on the Maldives? Because - and this is just my personal opinion - I think a honeymoon should be really special and, depending on how you define special, you may not find that in the Maldives at those rates.

Would you consider other destinations such as Thailand, Sri Lanks, Indonesia or Malaysia instead? Those countries also have beautiful beaches and resorts but the pricing structure is lower.

7. Re: Help! Looking for a cheap honeymoon package to Maldives

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 18:49