We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Veligandu Prices

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,962 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Veligandu Prices

In my latest Kuoni brochure the prices for Veligandu water villas are a little less than beach villas. Is this really the case? On most islands the water villas cost more.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
197 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Veligandu Prices

Hi DeneBebbo,

I think its because they have more water villas than beach villas, we stayed in a water villa and there was a lot of people having upgrades to the water villas.

Mick.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,962 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Veligandu Prices

Hi Mick,

Was there a lot of noise in the WVs from the sea sloshing around? I'd prefer a beach villa but have decided to consider Veligandu for next Maldives holiday in the hope that we may be able to afford it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
188 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Veligandu Prices

Hi DenneBebbo,

I think the reason why is because Veligandu only have 10 beach villas compared to more water villas and jacuzzi water villas. All of the beach villas have jacuzzis which probably explains why they are the same cost as the water villas without jacuzzis. Jacuzzi water villas are more expensive. Also, one other thing to bear in mind is that the beach villas are all situated on the East side (sunrise side) of the island.

We stayed in a JWV and didn't notice the noise at all. I really love the sound of water anyway, but it really didn't keep us up at night.

Veligandu really is a lovely island and the food the best we have had in the Maldives. I'm dreaming about their Crab Bisque soup as we speak!

Hope this helps.

Clare

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
197 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Veligandu Prices

Hi DeneBebbo,

clarehelen as said the same as i was just about to write, the JWV are fantastic we was in villa 164 and it was in a brilliant spot as you could snorkle straight over to the reef and drop off, fantastic island you wouldn't be sorry if you booked this island!!!!!!.

Mick.

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Veligandu Prices

I couldn't recommend Veligandu highly enough. We stayed in JWV number 173 and personally prefer that side of the island. We loved where we were. You can hear the water around you but to be honest it didn't bother us but I have heard of people who don't like it.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Veligandu Prices

we stayed in a WV for a few nights at Veli several years ago, and thought it was quite noisy. It sort of put us off WV's to be honest, even though we love hearing the sound of the water.....the waves tended to slap quite loudly against the stilts.

I think it was more to do with season & location of the villa to be honest, as we were in a WV at Angaga recently for 1 night and it was nowhere near as noisy.

Agree with all the positive comments about Veli - it is a great island, if the snorkelling was better it would be nearly unbeatable in its class...

Ian

Edited: 20 July 2010, 00:20
7. Re: Veligandu Prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2011, 12:52