We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bioluminescence

Mumbai, India
6 posts
bioluminescence

Hi, i am Traveling maldives in first week of jan 2019. I want to see bioluminescence. Is there any tour guide arrange from male city to island for short trip in night?

2 replies to this topic
Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,782 posts
322 reviews
1. Re: bioluminescence

There are no “trips” to see bioluminescence. It is a natural phenomenon and there is no way to predict when or where the conditions will be right.

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: bioluminescence

The subject of bioluminescence and where/how to see it comes up quite often on the forum. As Lyn says it's a completely natural phenomenon and depends on a number of conditions to "bloom". It's impossible to say or know know if, when, where it might be seen, and I hope that no tour guide would tell you they could to take you to see it; if anyone claims to be able to do so you should keep your $$$ firmly in your pocket and run away quickly! You certainly can't plan or base a trip on seeing this phenomenon, so choose an island that works for your other needs and wishes. Chances are that you won't see bioluminescence, but you just never know.

Here's a link to the previous discussions on this subject.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293…

Reply to: bioluminescence
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted