My apologies in advance if this question raises a sigh of "not another which island should I choose" however particularly I am focussed on (Ultra) All Inclusive resorts. Plus this is for my wife's 40th birthday so I can't get it wrong!
I appreciate that all views are personal and subjective however I would really appreciate insight from anyone who has personally visited.
To give some background information:
1. I am looking for a high end all inclusive resort; by high end, in particular I mean food. In an ideal world I have the romanticism of eating freshly caught BBQ seafood overlooking the ocean etc etc.
2. I would like some activities such as live music, open air cinema, 'events' however I would like this balanced with peace, tranquility and the feeling of exclusivity
3. A big negative for me would be if I had to pay a supplement for everything e.g. steak = supplement, lobster = supplement etc etc.
We are travelling in November 2018 for 7 nights
4. Room style - Robinson Crusoe chic sums up my preference fairly well
5. I want to say that a house reef is important however I rank having a house reef below quality of food
6. I am ambivalent between beach or water bungalow, similarly I do not have a strong preference for boat vs. seaplane transfer
7. I do not necessarily require an adults only resort however as we are travelling without our daughter I would be put off by a resort that caters strongly for children. Although we are travelling during term time so this should be less of an issue.
8. My ideal budget is GBP8,000 however I could stretch that for something very special and similarly I would be happy not to spend the whole amount.
I hope this has provided enough information and thank you in advance for your views.