We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LOL - They have got to be joking

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,295 posts
180 reviews
Save Topic
LOL - They have got to be joking

The upgrade charges for gourmet plan is USD431 per person per night. I have attached the inclusions for your perusal here.

Milaidhoo Island Maldives

28 replies to this topic
Fornebu, Norway
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
3,111 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LOL - They have got to be joking

862usd per coulpe per day, and not even the minibar is included..

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,295 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LOL - They have got to be joking

I think I could do a to with 862 per night. I am sure they must have made a mistake

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,349 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LOL - They have got to be joking

And i thought the 80 usd per person for a beach bbq on Amari was bad lol

australia
Level Contributor
769 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LOL - They have got to be joking

They must be kidding. I just read it and that is just ridiculous. Clearly bad value LOL

Biggin Hill
Level Contributor
657 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LOL - They have got to be joking

Kuoni are quoting the upgrade as “from £252 per person per night” that’s from half board to gourmet plan for dates in July this year.

london
Level Contributor
332 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LOL - They have got to be joking

Wow looks like B&B might be the smart choice here.

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LOL - They have got to be joking

I think Milaidhoo prices are just crazy when there are as good or better resorts for less than they charge. It is a lovely island, and villas look spacious and I like the design and clearly everyone who goes thinks it is great but IMO there are better options.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,295 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: LOL - They have got to be joking

Did you see Magic of Maldives FB. They have 50% off Hb and free seaplane transfers. I think it makes it a good option.

I look at their prices for F and B and they are not too bad.. Pretty happy to just pay as we go.

Moira what other options do you think are better? Happy to be convinced of something else.

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: LOL - They have got to be joking

Interesting they have to to offer 50% off HB to entice people to stay! Why not just have more realistic prices to start with!

When we priced up Milaidhoo and Kihahah for 15 nights next March Milaidhoo was around £6000 more (no offer at the time we priced them up).

Hertfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: LOL - They have got to be joking

Just to clarify, I think that the price quoted in the OP is the upgrade cost from B&B to Gourmet Plan, not Half Board to Gourmet Plan. Purely Maldives have the upgrade from HB to GP as being £200 per person per day. That is still expensive, but it does include all of the restaurants and pretty much every menu item at those restaurants. It’s not hard to run up a bill of $500 for a 3 course meal at the Shoreline Grill (for example) including wine, so the upgrade prices are probably in line with the menu pricing.

Luckily we paid A LOT less than that when we visited in the opening year!

As to whether it is worth it, it's hard to argue with the strength of their TA ratings, and they are on obviously happy to price themselves to attract the type of clientele that are happy to pay those prices. For us personally we couldn’t justify the extra cost over a resort like Kandolhu or Konotta (as examples), but if money was no object then I could certainly understand why people would choose Milaidhoo (and the other very top priced resorts) over the ‘more reasonably priced’ 5 Star options.

Reply to: LOL - They have got to be joking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted