We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling in the Maldives

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Snorkeling in the Maldives

We will be coming into Male on a cruise ship. Saw a morning snorkeling offer from Viator . Description says, "make your way to the Hulhumale jetty". Anyone know where the jetty might be in relation to cruise ship? I tried calling Viator but they had no idea. Any other reasonable half day snorkeling from male? Thanks.

4 replies to this topic
Sherwood Forest
Level Contributor
417 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling in the Maldives

Hi miriam048

If you type “Hulhumale' Ferry Terminal, Male, Maldives” into Google Maps and zoom in on Map View you can see the location of the 7 Jetties. Jetty No 1 is opposite Republic Square and Jetty No 7 is just to the left of Fishermans Park, it’s about 500mts between No 1 & No 7. I’m not sure where your Cruise Ships will dock but if it’s the North Harbour it’s close to No 1 Jetty (you would need to check this).

Hope this is of some help.

Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling in the Maldives

I'm assuming your cruise ship will be moored off Male, and you'll be taken to by Male by tender? These would usually come in between jetties 5 and 7. All the jetties along there are fairly close together so it's an easy walk from one to the other.

I'd suggest you check with the trip organisers exactly which jetty they mean. The problem with booking online is that a lot of things get labelled as 'Male' when they may be the airport island (Hulhule) or Hulhumale Island.

You could also look at these people: https://secretparadise.mv/ I've never booked with them but they seem to have a good reputation.

3. Re: Snorkeling in the Maldives

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2018, 18:40

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,356 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling in the Maldives

Anschul, please stop spamming the forum with promotion of your “awesome tips” at any opportunity.

Self promotion/advertising or solicitation is against the rules of the forum, and this is clearly more an attempt to increase your hits in Yoy Tube than to help “newbies”. They’re pretty poor tips anyway; full of negatives and issues most people would likely not encounter and not strictly accurate either. For example anyone arriving after 16.00hrs and travelling onwards by speedboat or domestic transfer would not need to stay in Male. Are you trying to put first time visitors off?

Please stop!

Reply to: Snorkeling in the Maldives
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted