We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaysian Borneo

England
Level Contributor
57 posts
172 reviews
Save Topic
Malaysian Borneo

Hi,

I have only 7 nights in Borneo and would love any suggestions!

We want to 1)see orangutangs 2)see sea turtles 3)experience culture 4)relax and sunbath

How would you recommend for us to do this in 7 days?

Thank you,

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,705 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malaysian Borneo

Look at Sabah - Kota Kinbalu / Sandakan, as these will give you most of what you want to see. By travelling you will experience culture.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,054 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malaysian Borneo

Go to the Kota Kinabalu forum and read top questions on the right of the page. There is a lot of information.

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g298307-i9429-K…

Have a look at hotel reviews in the green section at the top of the page.

For beach, sun bathing, and Oran U tan I would suggest Shangri La Rasa Ria .

shangri-la.com/en/kotakinabalu/rasariaresort/

For Turtles, you really have no choice but Selingan (turtle) Island. As the turtles lay at night it requires an overnight stay. You will need to book well in advance as demand is high and accommodation limited.

As this would mean a trip to Sandakan, at the same time you could visit other locations in and around Sandakan such as the war memorial, Labuk Bay Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary, and Sepilok Orang U Tan Centre. The review of my recent trip is here.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g303997-d450…

Edited: 06 August 2013, 04:35
Kota Kinabalu...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Malaysian Borneo

I live in Borneo's Sabah. Kota Kinabalu, Kudat and Sandakan are perhaps a good place to start.

borneo-blog.com/2013/…

4. Re: Malaysian Borneo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2014, 09:48