We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaysian Transit Visa requirements for Indians

Bangalore
1 post
Save Topic
Malaysian Transit Visa requirements for Indians

I am from Bangalore, India.

Since Visa on Arrival is stopped for Indian Citizens, could you please guide me with the following:

Will I need a transit visa to enter Malaysia as Indian citizen?

I will traveling from Bangalore to KL and then from KL to Jakarta. I will be transiting in Kuala Lampur Low Cost Terminal on an Air Asia flight.

Bangalore
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Malaysian Transit Visa requirements for Indians

Can some one answer the above question. I have 8 hrs of waiting time @ KLIA. How to get a Transit Visa. I am (with Indian Passport) travelling from Bangalore to Medan (Indo) via KL (Malaysia).

Taipei
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Malaysian Transit Visa requirements for Indians

At the counter of Visa-on-arrival, they issue Transit Pass stamp on the passport, till the time of the next flight. There is no fee for Indians.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malaysian Transit Visa requirements for Indians

To the 1st poster: if you changed the tone of your question to include some form of courtesy, you'll probably get a response. *Sigh*.

Anyways, Ratcatflat is wrong ... all Indian Nationals now require a visa. If you're flying Air Asia, you'll have to clear immigration/customs and collect your bags and re-check in for your onward flight so you'll need a visa. There's no such thing as "Transit Visa". Apply at your closest Malaysian High Commission.

Visa-on-arrival (VOA) only applies to selected nationalities and Indians are not one of them.

4. Re: Malaysian Transit Visa requirements for Indians

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2010, 12:47