We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how far from is langkawi from penang?

england
Level Contributor
127 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
how far from is langkawi from penang?

hi

can anyone help me, my husband and i will be visiting penang in october, we are also hoping to visit langkawi, can anyone tell me how far langkawi is from penang and the best method of travel to langkawi and also things to see there?

thank you in advance

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,971 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how far from is langkawi from penang?

Hi

Langkawi is approx 80miles from Penang.

You can easily do a day trip to Langkawi on the ferry (travel time 2 hours) which leaves Penang at 0800 and then leaves Langkawi at 1430 0r 1700. A day tour is easy to arrange when you arrive in Penang.

You can fly, but FireFly is a small airline and can suffer delays or cancellations, plus you have the usual travel to/from airport, getting there on time etc.

The ferry will take you directly into Kuah, Langkawis main town, so you can explore there, shopping, sights, have a meal etc. Langkawi is much more laid back than Penang.

If you fancy staying longer there are loads of hotels, beaches, rainforest, cable car, other islands, temples, shops, duty free shopping, to visit - depending on your tastes and budget.

have a great time.

england
Level Contributor
127 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how far from is langkawi from penang?

thank you for your reply,i am being really cheeky here, but do you know how much it costs per person to travel by ferry to langkawi?

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,971 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how far from is langkawi from penang?

Hi

not cheeky at all.

http://www.langkawi-ferry.com/ will tell you all about it. Cost is RM50 one way, and RM95 for a return journey.

Most hotels will book this for you, or if you are in Georgetown you can pop in and book it yourself.

4. Re: how far from is langkawi from penang?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 12:50