We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terminal M is in KLIA1 or KLIA2?

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Terminal M is in KLIA1 or KLIA2?

I know they are the same airport but different terminals. But if i were to reach KLIA from SG via Malaysia Airlines, and i have to get to Terminal M to take Malaysia Airlines again for domestic flights, is there a need to go KLIA2 for transit? Or am i able to transit at KLIA itself.

10 replies to this topic
Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,523 posts
150 reviews
1. Re: Terminal M is in KLIA1 or KLIA2?

You will arrive at Terminal M (KLIA1).

Your transit will be at KLIA1

Sandakan, Malaysia
Level Contributor
384 posts
111 reviews
2. Re: Terminal M is in KLIA1 or KLIA2?

Malaysia Airlines does not operate from klia2, so obviously Terminal M would have to be klia1

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
9,429 posts
52 reviews
3. Re: Terminal M is in KLIA1 or KLIA2?

Klia1 is 'terminal' M, otherwise known also as klia-m

Helsinki
Level Contributor
657 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Terminal M is in KLIA1 or KLIA2?

You will probably arrive at the satellite terminal from where you take the aerotrain to the main terminal (a short 2-3 min ride). When you leave the train look for signs "Domestic transfer" and follow these signs. The queues to immigration are very much shorter there than at the main immigration.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5,651 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Terminal M is in KLIA1 or KLIA2?

All Malaysia Airlines flights (international and domestic) use the same terminal, KLIA1 or KLIA Main Terminal or Terminal M. KLIA2 is an entirely separate terminal used by budget carriers such as AirAsia, Scoot and Jetstar.

Coming from Singapore, your flight will most likely land at the contact pier at the main terminal building (Gates G & H) and will not involve a ride on the Aerotrain (to/from Gates C at the satellite terminal building). Follow the green signs to "Domestic Departure Gates A & B".

Edited: 01 September 2018, 05:48
Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
91 reviews
6. Re: Terminal M is in KLIA1 or KLIA2?

There is an internal transfer within the airport itself.Check through your luggage to the final domestic destination.Malaysian airline for both sector.

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
7. Re: Terminal M is in KLIA1 or KLIA2?

Internal transfer within KLIA?

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
91 reviews
8. Re: Terminal M is in KLIA1 or KLIA2?

Yes,internal transfer from international to domestic (inside the terminal within KLIA1 only) by passing the normal process.Ensure that your luggage is checked through to final destination.

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
9. Re: Terminal M is in KLIA1 or KLIA2?

Do i need to take aerotrain for internal transfers?

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
91 reviews
10. Re: Terminal M is in KLIA1 or KLIA2?

Depend on which bay the plane is docked .From Singapore ,most likely do not involve aerotrain ride

The internal transfer is on the main building not the satellite building.

Ask airport staff for direction to internal transfer

Reply to: Terminal M is in KLIA1 or KLIA2?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted