We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question ask by immigration officer at malaysia airport

4 posts
Save Topic
Question ask by immigration officer at malaysia airport

I am visiting from India to malaysia for travelling purpose for about 40 days and in between i am visiting to nearby country for travelling purpose i have a friend living there and i have an invitation letter from her.

So i need to ask what type of question do immigration will ask (I HAVE AN MULTIPLE ENTRY EVISA AND HAVE A FRESH PASSPORT never been to a foreign country before)

and also more importantly do "THEY ASK FOR TICKETS FOR BORDER RUN(LIKE TO AND FRO TICKETS TO SINGAPORE) ALSO AT THE TIME WHEN I ENTER MALAYSIA FROM INDIA"??

as i have not planned yet on which date i will go to singapore.

please help me here .

3 replies to this topic
Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
8,123 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question ask by immigration officer at malaysia airport

Immigration can ask any question they want in order to ascertain that you are a genuine traveller.

Obviously if your visa is for 30 days, then Immigration may want to know how you intend to leave the country within the 30 days.

If you have a ticket out of the country then it would be easier for you to prove. If you don't, and only have a return ticket to India after 40 days, you would then have to be able to convince immigration of your plans, as otherwise it would seem that you would be overstaying in Malaysia.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
6,026 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question ask by immigration officer at malaysia airport

#2 , your post is very confusing. What does it mean ?

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,502 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question ask by immigration officer at malaysia airport

It is not a good idea to put you name and passport number on an open forum like TA. You are asking for you identity to be stolen. To protect you, I have requested your post be deleted.

Reply to: Question ask by immigration officer at malaysia airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted