We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaysia eNTRI Note (Visa Waiver) for Indians experience

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Malaysia eNTRI Note (Visa Waiver) for Indians experience

Folks,

I thought this might help potential Indian tourists to Malaysia, so sharing my experience on eNTRI Note.

From April 1st 2017 to March 31st 2018, Malaysian Government has announced a Visa Waiver program for Indian nationals going as tourists to Malaysia from India.

There are several conditions to be met before one can apply for eNTRI, so please read the FAQ section for " eNTRI for Indian Nationals " in here : https://www.windowmalaysia.my/evisa/evisa.jsp

Ensure you satisfy all conditions before applying because there is no refund.

Step 1 : Register at the above URL by providing your passport details and create an account.

Step 2 : After email validation, and login choose eNTRI option.

Step 3 : Upload the photo of size 35x50mm, Passport first page Copy, Flight Return Ticket Itinerary, Hotel Accommodation Copy. Ensure this is all exactly as per the instructions.

Step 4: Enter your passport details, local/Malaysia address details.

Step 5: Crop the photo as per spec in the editor (if photo is too close or too long or not white background , then the tool throws up an error, so be patient and do the cropping properly )

Step 6: Make payment

Voila! your eNTRI note is generated instantly. Make sure to print both v2 and v3 versions of the eNTRI note as suggested, and carry along all the specified documents when entering Malaysia.

To top it all, the Visa Fees is waived as well, and only a processing fees of USD 20 is charged.

Unlike the eVisa, you can generate only one eNTRI note per account, so if there are multiple members in your party you will need to create multiple accounts.

Cheers,

Aravind

Edited: 01 April 2017, 14:40
1,010 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Malaysia eNTRI Note (Visa Waiver) for Indians experience

Thanks for sharing, Aravind. I am adding this thread to the list of Top Questions (under Visa for Indian Nationals) on the right sidebar.

5 posts
2. Re: Malaysia eNTRI Note (Visa Waiver) for Indians experience

i am traveling during 2nd week of May 2017. can i apply now itself?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Malaysia eNTRI Note (Visa Waiver) for Indians experience

Rajarajan M,

The FAQ section on the website says that an eNTRI note is valid for 3 months, so the earliest you can apply for one is 3 months before your trip.

Bhubaneswar, India
2 posts
4. Re: Malaysia eNTRI Note (Visa Waiver) for Indians experience

is it valid for multiple entry ?

5. Re: Malaysia eNTRI Note (Visa Waiver) for Indians experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 05 April 2017, 07:34

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Malaysia eNTRI Note (Visa Waiver) for Indians experience

Vipul K,

An eNTRI note is valid only for a single entry not exceeding 15 days. This is the link to the information on the eVisa website:

https:/…

The terms and conditions for eNTRI India states that there is a 3-month cooling off period before you can enter again using the visa waiver.

4 posts
7. Re: Malaysia eNTRI Note (Visa Waiver) for Indians experience

I had a chat in the eVisa site about the eNTRI conditions as i am travelling to Singapore first for a few days before going to Malaysia . They suggested to apply for eVisa if we travel to Singapore first as the condition for eNTRI is that we need to have a direct flight Malaysia or via transit to Malaysia from Thailand,Singapore or Brunei directly to Malaysia .

Here is an excerpt of the chat i had for term and conditions for eNTRI

For eNTRI Note (Tourism), only direct flights from India or transit via Singapore, Thailand, Brunei are valid for the following 10 International Airports for applicants to enter & exit Malaysia: 1. Kuala Lumpur International Airport 1; 2. Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2; 3. Bayan Lepas International Airport, Penang; 4. Sultan Ismail International Airport, Johor; 5. Langkawi International Airport, Kedah; 6. Kota Kinabalu International Airport, Sabah; 7. Kuching International Airport, Sarawak; 8. Batu Berendam International Airport, Malacca; 9. Labuan International Airport, Federal Territory Labuan; and 10. Miri International Airport, Sarawak.

All eNTRI Note travellers travelling by Land to Malaysia is permitted to use the following entry & exit points only: 1. Sultan Iskandar Building (BSI), Johor Bahru, Johor; 2. Sultan Abu Bakar Complex (KSAB), Tanjung Kubang, Johor; 3. Padang Besar, Perlis; 4. Bukit Kayu Hitam, Kedah; 5. ICQS Sungai Tujoh Miri, Sarawak; and 6. ICQS Tedungan Limbang, Sarawak.

Any other entry point by land is not permitted.All eNTRI Note travellers returning from Malaysia is permitted a direct flight back to India or transit via Singapore, Thailand, Brunei ONLY.

| 05.04.2017 17:11:14 | Teck San: ENTRI (Tourism) CHARGE: Processing Fees USD 20. VISA TYPE: Single Entry Visa. DURATION OF STAY: 15 days. PROCESS VISA TIME FRAME: Once payment is done, applicant is able to print their eNTRI Note from their visa account. VISA VALIDITY: Travel within 3 months.

(TERMS & CONDITIONS: APPLICANTS ARE TO TRAVEL FROM INDIA OR TRANSIT VIA SINGAPORE,THAILAND,BRUNEI DIRECTLY TO MALAYSIA & ONLY CAN EXIT THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES: INDIA, SINGAPORE, THAILAND, BRUNEI ONLY.)

| 05.04.2017 17:14:36 | Suhas: Does transit from Singapore mean i should come directly to Malaysia from India or is it ok if i spend a few days in Singapore before going to Malaysia?

| 05.04.2017 17:15:31 | Teck San: if got spend a few day in singapore we advice you apply evisa.

Regards,

SuhaS

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Malaysia eNTRI Note (Visa Waiver) for Indians experience

Suhas G,

I disagree with the Live Chat support in this case. The eNTRI condition is clear that you can enter by land from Singapore. It makes no difference that you have just landed in Singapore 2 hours before and head to the border right away, or stay in Singapore for 2 weeks before visiting Malaysia. The three things that may disqualify you are 1) you are residing in Singapore on a long-term pass or permanent residence, or 2) you will be exiting Malaysia to countries not in the list (e.g. Indonesia), or 3) you have previously entered Malaysia with an eNTRI note in the last three months.

One thing to note is the Live Chat support staff are not immigration officers. They are only providing technical support for using the website. Your question is a visa issue, which should be addressed to the immigration department or the embassy/consulate.

Edited: 05 April 2017, 15:32
Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
9. Re: Malaysia eNTRI Note (Visa Waiver) for Indians experience

By any chance you know how will it affect Indian SPR/LTVP/DP holders. I found the previous arrangement was easier as I always had yearly multiple visit visa for $60 From Mustafa. Now does this means I have to pay for visa every time I wanted to visit M'sia.

10. Re: Malaysia eNTRI Note (Visa Waiver) for Indians experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 06 April 2017, 10:39
Edited: 06 April 2017, 10:39

Reply to: Malaysia eNTRI Note (Visa Waiver) for Indians experience
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted