We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking to Pha That Luang from Central Vientiane

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
310 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Walking to Pha That Luang from Central Vientiane

Hi guys,

I do see that the Pha That Luang is quite a distance from the central. Would it be feasible to walk the distance and combining that with Patuxai l? How long should the walk take from say Talat Sao?

I intend to start the day early before the scorching heat kicks in in April.

Thanks lots

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,145 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking to Pha That Luang from Central Vientiane

It isnt that far if you are a walker. From the river Patuxai is about 2km so 25 mins or so, and from there its only another 1.5km up the right hand top exit from Patuxai to That Luang. You can see That Luang stupa from the turn off at the top right of the patuxai roundabout.

All up probably 40 minutes, or a slow 1 hour stroll

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking to Pha That Luang from Central Vientiane

It is a fair walk. It would take you about 45 minutes. You definitely don't want to do that in the heat.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
310 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking to Pha That Luang from Central Vientiane

Thanks for sharing. I'm not worried about the distance. Just the heat. I will probably timed it very early in the morning or late evening after I'm done with the sights in Central Vientiane.

Regards

4. Re: Walking to Pha That Luang from Central Vientiane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 16:11