We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sim Card in Vientiane International Airport (Wattay)

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
13 posts
35 reviews
Sim Card in Vientiane International Airport (Wattay)

Hi all,

I am planning for a trip in Laos by next weekend.

Is there any outlets in the Vientiane International Airport (Wattay) that I can buy?

Which service provider will you suggest?

Thank you very much in advance.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
1. Re: Sim Card in Vientiane International Airport (Wattay)

Hi Kathiravan, I am heading to Laos in a couple of weeks time. Just wondering whether you could share whether I could buy sim card at Vientiane Airport and which provider is the best?

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,347 posts
278 reviews
2. Re: Sim Card in Vientiane International Airport (Wattay)

I don't recall seeing any SIM signs up in the airport, but you can buy them in all convenience shops and phone shops in town - they are everywhere. Unitel and Mphone are popular.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,353 posts
80 reviews
3. Re: Sim Card in Vientiane International Airport (Wattay)

What is a reasonable price to pay please

Anyang, South Korea
Level Contributor
115 posts
45 reviews
4. Re: Sim Card in Vientiane International Airport (Wattay)

Hello, I just reached back from Vientiane.

Actually, there is a store in Wattay International Airport for sim card buy I reached after 9 pm. It was closed. When I checked with the taxi guy he told its open on the morning.

Every convenience shops sell sim card. I bought it from a mobile shop ( a lot are there).

Buy from a mobile shop = You can check and the guy explains the plan

convenience shops = Guy will be always busy with other customers.

I did small research for buying Sim card and found

There are data cards + Data $ call cards. So select depending on your need and use.

BEEline / Lao Telecom / Unitel serves very well in Vientiane area. But travelling other areas not sure.

I bought Lao Telecom Data Sim and got LTE(4g) in most areas even while travelling in Bus.

Paid 150000 (16$ ) for 15 GB data. There are smaller plans of course,

Sim validity is for 6 months and they didn't ask for passport copy (Identity proof).

Worked well for me.

And better to buy outside since airport prices are more expensive.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
409 posts
1,351 reviews
5. Re: Sim Card in Vientiane International Airport (Wattay)

As of Oct 4,2017 information at this airport after immigration and baggage claim. On your left hand side at the end is Laos Telecom (red color) you can buy sim card there. I bought mine for 14,000 kip and top up 50,000 kip for 5 GB. This network operated well in Vientiane and Vang Vieng. There's lower options top up for 5000 kip for 24 hrs too. I'm here for 10 days so not bother to redo code everyday. I just did one time code for my convenience.

6. Re: Sim Card in Vientiane International Airport (Wattay)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2018, 09:46