We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vang Vieng, Laos

Brisbane, Australia
7 posts
Save Topic
Vang Vieng, Laos

Some years ago I stayed in the Sunset Home Guesthouse in Vang Vien. I am returning shortly and wish to stay at that guesthouse again but cannot find it listed any more in any of the accommodation sites nor in a Facebook search.

Could someone please tell me if this guesthouse still exists (maybe a change in name?) and if so, a contact point for them?

Many thanks.

2 replies to this topic
puerto princesa
Level Contributor
2,548 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vang Vieng, Laos

There does not seem to be any review of this GH since 2013 so for sure it no longer exists or changed names as you suggested. Was this the one across the bridge?

I can recommend Banana Bungalows if this is still operating

Brisbane, Australia
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vang Vieng, Laos

Thanks.

No. Not across the bridges at all. It had a magnificent, uninterrupted view from the restaurant balcony out the back across the river and to the mountains - priceless! Fantastic for a meal or a quiet drink.... and it was cheap! Great memories which I was anxious to repeat.

The road out front led straight down into the town, but I haven't managed to place it on a map so I am stumped as to a possible new name.

Thanks for your recommendation. I'll check that out.

Reply to: Vang Vieng, Laos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted