We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Space in passport..

London
Level Contributor
40 posts
172 reviews
Space in passport..

Hi all,

Quick conundrum, I'm in India and my visa runs until 25/08. I have nine pages left in my passport, only two of which are double facing pages, the rest single pages spread randomly.

I plan to visit Iran, transit to Turkmenistan, Kyrgystan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan and then onto China. I'm aware this is a visa heavy route, do you think I have enough space in my passport? Bear in mind many states (for whatever reason) often require a facing double page.

I ask because I have plenty of gaps for standard visa on arrival stamps on the used pages and the cost of a new British passport is £115 in India (jumbo), which I'm reluctant to pay as I consider the passport to have plenty of life left in it - it also has 4 years til expiry.

It also takes 8 weeks to process in Delhi if the foreign office website is to be believed, this means assuming smooth sailing, I would have approx 2 weeks to arrange an Iranian visa which I fear is cutting it too fine, if not impossible.

I'd really appreciate any insight into what I should do here.

Thanks, Tom

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Space in passport..

I don't know about Iran but Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan and China all have full page visas. I haven't heard of the facing double page rule but Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan all stamped the entry and exits directly on the visa (maybe because we didn't have the facing double page available?). You don't require a visa for Kyrgyzstan.

I'm pretty sure you'll be ok with your existing passport.

2. Re: Space in passport..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Kazakhstan