We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Travel in the 5 Stans

San Francisco...
5 posts
Save Topic
Budget Travel in the 5 Stans

I read about a tour group that covers all 5 Stans. The group travels using local services (i.e. the local bus). At each destination the group has full freedom to move around independently. When it is time to go to the next destination the group meets in a central location and travels together. A guide assists with logistics and is available for recommendations. You get the feel of independent travel but get grouped together for travel.

Is anyone aware of the name or the tour group or aware of something similar?

We want to travel to all five Stans and are trying to figure the best way to go about our trip. We want to avoid the typical packaged tour.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
232 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget Travel in the 5 Stans

THe idea sounds great! I've never heard of it though, so if you manage to get any info, please post it here - I am sure it will be useful for other travellers.

2. Re: Budget Travel in the 5 Stans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 14:45
Get answers to your questions about Kazakhstan