We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

mudwash
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay

We are planning about 4 days in Phnom Penh end of April. We are looking about $ 50 AU a night we would like to know which area to visit we like lots of things to see . Shopping , markets, restaurants and bars . Any help.

mudwash
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

Looks like I am on my own with this one .

Edited: 21 January 2013, 09:04
Dunsborough...
Level Contributor
89 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay

Sundance Inn on Street 172 was awesome. Stayed 4 nights in November just gone. Western owned and run, lots of expats and travellers pass through. Just back from riverside, convenient to everything. It's a american style small bar with a pool, about 9 rooms upstairs. Costs about $35 a night. If and when I go back I will stay there again.

nsw
Level Contributor
784 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay

We stayedat 'Golden House' in a few months ago and it wa great.

The location was great, half a block from the riverfront with bars on every corner. Lots of eating options and a 10 minute or so walk to tohe shopping centre and markets.

It was clean and reasonable cost and the staff were fabulous, friendly and courteous.

Would stay again

Red

mudwash
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay

Can anyone tell me if AIr Asia do direct flights to Perth . I have been looking at flights and it looks like they fly via KL .

sydney
Level Contributor
389 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay

Have you read the accom. reviews on this site? & agoda etc

I guess if Air Asia's website doesn't show a direct flight it is probably because there is not one.

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay

No mudwash, there are no direct flights to Phnom Penh from Perth.

First KL, then Siem Reap or Phnom Penh.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
16,526 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay

As others have said, Air Asia fly from PP to Perth via KL because KL is their home base. From memory there is about a 3 hour layover in KL.

Sherfield English...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay

did you gone to night market ? there is so fun

mudwash
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay

No worries we decided to come via KL and stay for 5 days so win win for us.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
284 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay

Air Asia flight will transit in KL, you can check out lots of places in KL as well. If you stay in Bukit Bintang area. There are plenty of hotels, shops, restaurants and attractions. You can stay at Parkroyal or Hotel Capitol, both of them are quite close to train station so it will be convenient to go anywhere.

In Phnom Penh, you can visit temple, biking by riverside and national museum is good place to visit. Almond hotel is one of hotels located in city center, it is within walking distances to tourist attractions. Hotel itself is ok not that fancy or anything, just reasonable price with clean room.

http://www.almondhotel.com.kh/

hoteltrip.com/hotel/10030014-11393504O.html

orbitz.com/hotel/…

Depending on how long you are planning to stay too beside those touristy place, you can check out Khmer Brewery or Bridge by Mekong River..also interesting. Night Market for me is alright, they sometimes overprice tourist so you should do some bargain if you want to shop there. Local Crafting and handmade stuffs are neat and rather cheap so you can buy those as souvenirs.

Cheers,

Mini M