We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you recommend a barber shop.

Dallas
Level Contributor
65 posts
743 reviews
Can you recommend a barber shop.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a full service barber shop? I will be staying at the Aquarius Hotel at No. 5 Street 240. I have read the reviews of the Tokyo Barber Shop but was hoping to find one a little less expensive. Would also be good if they do woman's hair too. Thanks

5 replies to this topic
Phnom Penh
Level Contributor
610 posts
44 reviews
1. Re: Can you recommend a barber shop.

With men's barbers shops you get what you pay for in Phnom Penh Cambodia , from a street vendor found along streets 178,13,you can have your hair cut and shave for less than a dollar, with no hygiene, or pay extra the more the better the service. I've past Tokyo salon many times and it's always busy, don't know the prices but what ever they are have to be dirt cheap compared to any other country.

Ladies hair salons are found in almost every street in Phnom Penh.

My friend has his hair cut and styled every month and has done for 4 years at Khmer Barber on the corners of street 41 and street 294 and each time has a Moan about paying $6.

They also do females.

I shave my head so no need for a barber.

Coming to Cambodia and needing a hair cut, compared to any other country worldwide it would have to be the cheapest place on earth.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15,268 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Can you recommend a barber shop.

Personally, I avoid having haircuts in either KH or VN as they always cut it far too short for my liking even after saying that they understand what you want.

Unisex hairdressers are not that common in Cambodia and certainly not so outside of Phnom Penh.

Best regards. Ian/Angkorlad

Dallas
Level Contributor
65 posts
743 reviews
3. Re: Can you recommend a barber shop.

Thank you for the information. My wife and I enjoy getting our hair washed, scalp massage etc much more frequently when in Asia since it is so much more affordable than in the U.S.

Phnom Penh
Level Contributor
610 posts
44 reviews
4. Re: Can you recommend a barber shop.

Before your wife has her hair washed, shampoo, dyed, or any Hair products used, please be very cautious about the chemicals used, as a large amount are imported from countries with no restrictions on banned or harmful products.

Over the many years living in Asia I've seen and heard some terrible stories about common house hold chemicals and bleaches being used, resulting in damaged hair and skin.

Some of these backyard chemicals are put into

empty containers with

Well known brand names.

Dallas
Level Contributor
65 posts
743 reviews
5. Re: Can you recommend a barber shop.

Thanks John. We spend part of each year with my wife's family near Saigon and they have the same problem. They are extremely suspicious of not only those items but also of food products, medicines, cosmetics etc. etc. Each time we visit them, we bring two suitcases full of various products we buy in the U.S.A.

Reply to: Can you recommend a barber shop.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted