We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 weeks in Cambodia

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
2 weeks in Cambodia

We want to do a mix of sightseeing and beach time, any suggestions would be great. Thanks:)

9 replies to this topic
Phnom Penh
Level Contributor
547 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 weeks in Cambodia

If you want help we need more information than that provided,

What are you interested in as in tourist destinations, beaches or islands, your ages, your budget, activities, fit, average,, 2/3/4/5 star hotels, travel by bus, coach, private taxi (car) flying, night life, rainforest, cities, islands, major tourist attractions,

Cambodia has everything for everyone, I've lived in Phnom Penh Cambodia for 9 years and still haven't seen and been everywhere.

The difference between nasty traveling and luxury travel is just a few dollars, only the American dollar is used, unless the item is under a dollar amount then you will be given the local currency the riel.

Also the month of the year of travel will depend on rain, or sunshine, or unbearable heat.

Edited: 04 August 2018, 21:12
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 weeks in Cambodia

How about ideas for flying in to phnom pen and out of sgn, a week sight seeing and culture and then head to the beach. 2”3 / 4 star hotels, trains or maybe private transfer. Do we travel end of October or leave it until early feb?

puerto princesa
Level Contributor
6,748 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 weeks in Cambodia

Sight seeing-- Angkor Wat one day, Phnom Penh 2 days, Kampot and Kep the other days. Forget Sihanoukeville unless you like gambling, Chinese and Russians

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
23,145 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 weeks in Cambodia

Hi lizzy2012

If you want to spend 2 weeks visiting Cambodia andto get the very best out of your trip, I suggest you do some research about the country and work out a rough itinerary based on your interests. There is a very wide range of different places to explore that, apart from your thoughts about spending time on a beach, you’ve given no idea of your sightseeing interests.

Poster no. 5 is quite right about Sihanoukville, but with due respects, I disagree with the suggestion of only 1 day in Siem Reap etc .....

If you’ve only allocated one week for sightseeing, then I think the best option would be 3 days Phonm Penh and 4 in Siem Reap. There is a great deal more to see and do there than Angkor Wat.

Level Contributor
181 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 weeks in Cambodia

I have ten days in Cambodia in November and my itinerary is:

Siem Reap - 5 days

Battambang - 3 days

Phnom Penh - 2 days.

I am travelling by bus from Siem Reap to Battambang and then bus from Battambang to Phnom Penh. Travelling duration is included in the above itinerary so realistically it’s 2.5 days in Battambang and 1.5 days in Phnom Penh. I’m flying into SR and out via PP.

I used travelfish, trip advisor and Lonely Planet to plan it out. I’ve already booked hotels and both bus journeys. I had recommendations of Tuk Tuk drivers so I have booked ahead as well as two cycle tours. However from research it is easy to get a Tuk Tuk on the day from street.

Hope this helps, this information is from my research only, I have yet to visit Cambodia and I’m extremely excited about doing so.

Edited: 05 August 2018, 17:13
sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,654 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 weeks in Cambodia

Beckyarya - you've planned a lovely trip - well done.

Level Contributor
181 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 weeks in Cambodia

Thank you thmoore, it was only from great advice on here that helped me out. I just wish I had longer!

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
23,145 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 weeks in Cambodia

Beckyarya, it was great to read the details of your trip plan. You’ve obviously done heaps of research and I think that what you’ve put together is ideal for the short time you’ll be in Cambodia. This is well paced and will give you a good taste of what Cambodia has to offer.

Have a great trip.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 weeks in Cambodia

@lizzy2012 you should follow something along the lines as beckyarya has planned, just perfect.

For hotels look at Agoda or booking.com you can filter what you require.

Ah Crawley, I was born in Redhill, lived in Bletchingley before moving to Australia and now Cambodia, a beautiful, friendly place to live.

Reply to: 2 weeks in Cambodia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted