We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When best to travel

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
When best to travel

We are looking at visiting Cambodia either late October or in January. Which is best weather wise?

Cheers

4 replies to this topic
siem reap
Level Contributor
557 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: When best to travel

I always tell my customers late October or early November.Still green and not so hot.Not as many people.January is busy and brown.

Phnom Penh
Level Contributor
497 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When best to travel

My personal option after living in Phnom Penh Cambodia for 9 years is December January February being the best three months of the year, October is still the rainy season but as the last post said it's green and less tourists but a lot of places are closed for maintenance as it's the really low season month.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
22,932 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When best to travel

Hi lizzy2012

January, although good weather wise, is peak tourist season, therefore preferred accommodation mat be booked out. It will also be a very busy time.

Late October, although towards the end of the rainy season, is a nice time even though you might have some late afternoon or overnight rain.

puerto princesa
Level Contributor
6,069 posts
424 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When best to travel

If you are going in October bring your umbrella. I would try for Nov or Dec if possible

Reply to: When best to travel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted