We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

road maps

usa
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
road maps

i need the newest road maps as roads are being built all the time

Wanaka, New Zealand
Level Contributor
3,206 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: road maps

Is there a question here? How about some manners.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,420 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: road maps

so do the road makers

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14,882 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: road maps

There are plenty of excellent modern maps for Cambodia now available in many different scales and for many different purposes in Phnom Penh. Road widening does not of itself render a map obsolete. In addition to which, each new map sheet is updated prior to publication.

I have a very extensive collection of maps for Cambodia based on a total coverage at 1:50,000 scale and upwards and I am regularly updating my collection and coverage as new map sheets are published and I revisit areas. I just wish, however, that there was a standard system for Romanising Cambodia/Khmer place names on these new maps.

There are very useful road/route single sheet planning maps at scale 1;100,000 and larger scale two-sheet editions for the same purpose readily available.

Forget the old Cambodian Road Atlases. If it is a map you want then get a real map.

Regards. Ian

Mentioned in this post
Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,125 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: road maps

I have been out on motorcycle trips quite a bit and I use the "Cambodia " of the country maps series, 1:750,000 scale. It is a road map, a massive fold-out map of the entire country on one side and Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and the coastal areas in sections on the other side. It has a yellow cover and is available at many book stores (I got mine in Siem Reap). Open the maps and have a look carefully before you buy, there is some real junk out there- awful printing, no minor roads listed etc...

Mentioned in this post
Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh
Cambodia
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Siem Reap Province, Cambodia
5. Re: road maps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 11:01