We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed! Travel Siem Reap to Bangkok

Brighton
Level Contributor
176 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Help needed! Travel Siem Reap to Bangkok

Call me foolish perhaps for leaving it so late but today I went to book my flight from Siem Reap to Bangkok and they are fully booked - even for the day before. As the rest of my holiday is already booked and I cannot change dates I desperately need an alternative route back to Bangkok from Siem Reap. Please could someone advise me if a taxi is a possibility, how much it would cost and how long the journey would take.

I have even considered a taxi to Phnom Penh and a flight from there but they also seem to be fully booked for when I'd need to travel, so it is not an option.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Mentioned in this post
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Siem Reap Province, Cambodia
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh
Cambodia
Kanazawa, Japan
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help needed! Travel Siem Reap to Bangkok

You can take a bus or car to the border, then a bus to Bangkok. It's not expensive at all, but will take an entire day...they will say 8 hours, but count on it taking longer. Keep trying to book the flight up until the day of departure. Often seats are blocked by travel agents that end up not used. You could try calling Bangkok Air directly, or try any of the many travel agents...an agent may be able to sell you one of the seats they have blocked but not yet sold.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Brighton
Level Contributor
176 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help needed! Travel Siem Reap to Bangkok

Thanks fish2

3. Re: Help needed! Travel Siem Reap to Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 11:47