We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cambodia itinerary

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
6 helpful votes
Cambodia itinerary
Save

Hi guys,

going to Cambodia in from mid December till beginning January. Could you give me your thoughts bout my itinerary? Thank you.

2 days Phnom Penh

4 days Siem Reap (Christmas)

1 day Battambang

3 days Koh Rong Samloem

3 days Koh ta kiev (New year)

3 days Kampot

New Zealand
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
53 reviews
25 helpful votes
1. Re: Cambodia itinerary
Save

Hi, your choice of locations is fine, you problem is 1 day in Battambang (not long enough, stay 2 nights ) and then your plan to go on to Koh Rong Samolem in 1 go (not possible)

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
4,406 posts
42 reviews
17 helpful votes
2. Re: Cambodia itinerary
Save

Allow for travel days. This so often overlooked.

Travel in SEAsia is very slow and time-consuming. The best part of a day is lost getting from one place to another (including hotel check-out and check-in).

At the moment, your proposed itinerary would require 6 travel days.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
3 reviews
3 helpful votes
3. Re: Cambodia itinerary
Save

No idea as to why you are going to battambang you will see nothing in the time

Plenty of other places worth a visit but I might stick to one island

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
6 helpful votes
4. Re: Cambodia itinerary
Save

Hi guys, thank you for your input.

As for the transportation. I am coming to Phnom day the day before, so I have 2 full days there. Taking night bus to Siem reap, and flying down to Sihanouk afterwards.

I was thinking of Battambang, as many suggested the place as not being that touristic... Is it worth?

Alternatively what I was thinking is thinking is to scratch Koh Rong Samloem and take 6 days to travel from Siem Reap to Koh ta kiev via Battambang, Ou som and Koh kong. Any thoughts here?

So:

19.12. Arriving to Phnom penh

20.-21.12 2 days in Phnom penh and then overnight bus to Siem reap

22.-24. 3 days in Siem reap (Angor, floating village, ..)

25.-30.12. going south from Siem reap, Battambang, Ou sam, Koh kong, finishing on Koh ta kiev; please help here?

31.12.-1.1. 2 days in Koh ta kiev

2.1. going from Koh ta kiev to Kampot

3.-5.1. 3 days in Kampot

6.1. going to Phnom penh

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
3 reviews
3 helpful votes
5. Re: Cambodia itinerary
Save

december/jan is the perfect time to head on the route through the Cardamons

see link below for information on how to do it

https://www.movetocambodia.com/transportation/battambang-koh-kong-cardamom-mountains/

6. Re: Cambodia itinerary

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2020, 10:11
Get answers to your questions about Cambodia
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.