We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Trapeang Rung village(CardamomTentedCamp) to Phnom Penh

Level Contributor
16 posts
12 reviews
1 helpful vote
From Trapeang Rung village(CardamomTentedCamp) to Phnom Penh
Save

Hi!

We will around in Cambodia in November. We will have a 2 night stay at Cardamom Tented Camp, and we would like to return to Phnom Penh after our adventure. When we visit the camp we discussed and we will book their transfer (from Kampot) as the buses are not so reliable on time, and we don't want to miss it. However on the way back to Phnom Penh it would be better if we could find another solution. Do you have any tips, recommendations or experience regarding that trip? The camp's base is at Trapeang Rung village. On the way there they said you can take a bus to Koh Kong and tell the driver to stop at this village. We don't know if there is a chance to stop a bus on the way back. It would be great if someone would have an experience! We don't want to take the transfer back as it is quite expensive, so we are trying to save some money there.

Thank you for your help in advance,

Noemi

Australia
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
13 reviews
15 helpful votes
1. Re: From Trapeang Rung village(CardamomTentedCamp) to Phnom Penh
Save

I haven't done this trip from Trapeang Rung but I've done it from Andong Teuk (Chi Phat) which is also on Highway 48 road between Koh Kong and Phnom Penh. You should be able to get someone at your accommodation to book you a seat on the bus from Koh Kong to Phnom Penh. There are several departures each day. Tell them to make sure the bus understands where they are to pick you up. Then make sure that you're at the designated spot in Trapeang Rung for the bus at the time it comes through. I would contact Cardamom Tented Camp to discuss this option with them.

It's a little bit seat of your pants but local people are probably used to catching that bus themselves if they need to get to Phnom Penh and are often very helpful with that sort of stuff. It usually works out fine.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
5,146 posts
3 reviews
3 helpful votes
2. Re: From Trapeang Rung village(CardamomTentedCamp) to Phnom Penh
Save

I have not stayed at the camp but have a couple of Cambodian friends who work there and I regularly visit chi phat

Getting there. very simple if they have booked the bus. simply ask the bus driver to drop you off at Trapeang Rung before the bridge (around the 90 Klm road marker - not exact and the third one you get to ) . The drivers are very good but it does no harm to keep an eye open and get ready. Whilst they generally leave around the right time they may be late by the time they reach TR. There is a requesting in Khmer you can copy and paste on their web page to help

Going back to PP is just as simple I am sure they will book the bus for you and take you to the road in time to catch it. I would not risk taking pot luck as the buses will often be full but the pre booking is a well used and trusted option and you may not enjoy a long journey in one of the local mini vans

The manager is (or was when I met him British) and certainly my friends there speak very good English but I have no idea how fast they are at responding to email/contact forms

Level Contributor
16 posts
12 reviews
1 helpful vote
3. Re: From Trapeang Rung village(CardamomTentedCamp) to Phnom Penh
Save

Thank you for your help! I contacted them and they will help to arrange the bus on our way back, so it will be okay! :)

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
5,146 posts
3 reviews
3 helpful votes
4. Re: From Trapeang Rung village(CardamomTentedCamp) to Phnom Penh
Save

enjoy your stay and do not worry they are well used to sorting the transport

Level Contributor
16 posts
12 reviews
1 helpful vote
5. Re: From Trapeang Rung village(CardamomTentedCamp) to Phnom Penh
Save

Okay, thanks :) We are really waiting for our trip, so exciting :)

6. Re: From Trapeang Rung village(CardamomTentedCamp) to Phnom Penh

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2020, 10:11
Get answers to your questions about Cambodia
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.