We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

budget travel

Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
budget travel

Hi

I have a question about traveling to Baku. I have already booked my flight and my hotel. I would like to know how much money do I need for 5 days? I'm traveling on a budget. Is it 50$ enough per day?(without accommodation)

Thanks in advance folks

Day Trip Baku
35 Reviews
from US$ 40.00*
Day Trip to Gobustan National Park...
31 Reviews
from US$ 57.15*
Gabala Group Tour
10 Reviews
from US$ 57.34*
Baku, Azerbaijan
Level Contributor
108 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: budget travel

Athena-milan,

I think so. 50 USD is approximately 77 AZN. If you don't go to fancy shopping center or restaurant it'll be probably enough. Try to use restaurants and cafes that frequented by locals. I also recommend you to use public transportation. This is mush cheaper than taxi. Per ride costs 0.2 coins both for metro and buses. You need to buy Baku card first (costs 2 azn). You can buy this card at the airport and take airport express bus (costs 1.5 azn).

Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: budget travel

Thanks. That was really helpful.

Dubrovnik-Neretva...
Level Contributor
302 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: budget travel

How much is the price of the pint (local beer) in pubs/caffe bars? Thx!

Edited: 29 June 2016, 21:34
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: budget travel

It depends on places. But, usually it's 2-5 AZN which is approxiametly 2-4 USD.

Dubrovnik-Neretva...
Level Contributor
302 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: budget travel

Thx you! :)

6. Re: budget travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2017, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Baku