We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches near Baku

Adria, Italy
Level Contributor
195 posts
671 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches near Baku

Hi everyone,

I'll be visiting Baku in early September with my 13-year-old son.

Part of travelling with kids is having to entertain them, so as well as visiting the sights I thought about having a half day at the seaside. Could anyone recommend a decent beach near Baku that's easy to reach by public transport?

Many thanks for any info!

Mentioned in this post
Baku
Baku
Absheron Region, Azerbaijan
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches near Baku

The Caspian is quite polluted but 2 possible options are mentioned here: http://wikitravel.org/en/Baku

I'm not sure about the public transport though.

Scotland
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches near Baku

I wouldn't even go near the beaches. The Caspian Sea which washes up onto the Baku beaches is oil-polluted - it's quite awful. The Azeri Governement have done absolutely nothing to clean up the pollution. There are also what we call 'nodding donkeys' nearby - these are simple oil wells - and they spew out their own pollution. Mind you some of the back streets of Baku are polluted with rubbish strewn all over the place. Unfortunely, not much areas for playing with your kids.

Mentioned in this post
Baku
Baku
Baku, Azerbaijan
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches near Baku

I advise 2 beach you can enjoy. 1.st is amburan beach club the 2nd jumeirah hotel bilgah not in city centre but 30 minutes from centre. Rest is not satisfactory

Baku, Azerbaijan
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches near Baku

Amburan, Sea Breeze and Jumeirah are the best options near Baku (they all have swimming pools as well) . Check out this post for more information: silkwaytravelblog.com/2013/…

Mentioned in this post
Baku
Baku
5. Re: Beaches near Baku

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2013, 19:06
Adria, Italy
Level Contributor
195 posts
671 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches near Baku

Thanks to everyone for your advice - much appreciated!

7. Re: Beaches near Baku

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2015, 10:49