We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baku and Azerbaijan will not be offered to travel to anyone

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Baku and Azerbaijan will not be offered to travel to anyone

If you go to Baku to see the monuments, I can say with certainty that this city can not confuse you, and if you are sure you are planning to travel to Baku, it will be enough for this trip only 2 days. It's not an extraordinary city to buy. Prices are high and unrealistic, you can not find any fascinating activity in the city, except for several cafes like Hard Rock and Paris Bristol, which can be at least for the Iranians and the Orient, otherwise they will not be appealing to the city. Most people in the city look at tourists as a bank transfer device. If you ask someone for help or ask a question, they usually come along with you, but do not be happy, after 50 steps and showing the address of You will ask for money. Taxi drivers are often going to make a lot of money from you.

The general culture of the city is not suitable for tourism, and the people of the city do not look at the tourist as a long-term source of income, and I think that because of the general poverty of the people of Baku (the richest city in Azerbaijan), most people intend to It's not important for them to get money from tourists. Negative feedback in the long run will reduce the tourist's potential and reduce their revenues.

On the main entrance of the stores, the announcement has been discounted, but when you enter, you see that they are just about to attract you, and there is no discount on prices.

In general, the tourist reception is not so high in the city, the city is about 10 o'clock, and only in the central part of the city, which is a tourist, there are few life and work effects, after 8 o'clock in other parts of the city Not recommended.

In sum, Baku and Azerbaijan will not be offered to travel to anyone.

18 replies to this topic
1. Re: Baku and Azerbaijan will not be offered to travel to anyone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 October 2017, 12:35

Baku, Azerbaijan
Level Contributor
75 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Baku and Azerbaijan will not be offered to travel to anyone

I think you were not in good hands. Your feedback is not realistic

Pakistan
Level Contributor
52 posts
3. Re: Baku and Azerbaijan will not be offered to travel to anyone

Well, well. That is not a very kind review of the city of Baku and Azerbaijan in general hmph...

I'm planning a trip soon and came to this forum to get inspiration and unfortunately the first post I see is this one.

Dang!

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
118 reviews
4. Re: Baku and Azerbaijan will not be offered to travel to anyone

Farshad A, hello

Thank you for posting your feedback and impression of Baku. All places in the world have positive and negative aspects. Every traveler's opinion on TA is a valuable piece of information, and has a right to be voiced.

Edited: 25 October 2017, 13:07
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Baku and Azerbaijan will not be offered to travel to anyone

Hi I was there recently I enjoyed the city ALOT I don't go places specifically to shop(I can do that anywhere), the prices are half what they are in dublin/london in fact Baku is on numbeo 400th most expensive city in the world ..ie it's cheap!

I did a lovely sightseeing tour at the audio kiosks for around $12,did some daytrips with tes tours for about $30 and on my last day I shopped for 2 pairs of jeans and a sweater...$60, a 3 course meal every night in the most expensive tourist region cost around $15...

I'd a lovely time there,the people were lovely...

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
26 posts
31 reviews
6. Re: Baku and Azerbaijan will not be offered to travel to anyone

Well , Thank you . i think you interpret the local public gestures. i went so many articles on BAKU now , but no on posted / shared this thought. i must keep this element in advance on my travel to baku

summary is ,

1) never trust any one

2) use your mind

3) no one is tourist friend

4) dont be attracted by the prices

am i right

thank you

Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: Baku and Azerbaijan will not be offered to travel to anyone

I wouldn't trust a review that says greatest things to do in city with an ancient preserved oldtown,huge expat community that choose to live there and claims the 400th most expensive(ie cheap) city in the world is not expensive or uninteresting.

I did notice english language skills were not fantastic but I shopped in regular shops in genuine sales was helped by staff,at night I safely went alone to good standard restaurant and bars in the centre and by day I saw gobustan volcanos,fire temples,kinalug mountain village,and in the city the palace,maiden tower and fire towers. I needed 3 days one more would have been perfect

Go and enjoy yourself

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
26 posts
31 reviews
8. Re: Baku and Azerbaijan will not be offered to travel to anyone

Thanks . i keep your idea in mind :)

Sao Paulo, SP
1 post
9. Re: Baku and Azerbaijan will not be offered to travel to anyone

I think you had some personal problems in Baku, anyway, after visiting more than 40 countries , Baku and Azerbaijan is one of most beautiful/interesting city I visited.

Edited: 11 November 2017, 02:51
Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
26 posts
31 reviews
10. Re: Baku and Azerbaijan will not be offered to travel to anyone

your Opinion valued

Reply to: Baku and Azerbaijan will not be offered to travel to anyone
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Baku