We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baku - some recommendations

London, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
178 reviews
Save Topic
Baku - some recommendations

We just got back from a trip to Baku & I am seriously thinking why is Baku not on many bucket lists. Its a delightful place & ever since obtaining visa has been made simpler for quite a few nations, I think tourism is definitely on a rising trend. There's something for all ages there - even my 8 year old daughter had a great time. We were there for only 4 days so we decided to concentrate mostly on Baku & surrounding areas. Here are my recommendations:

1. Places to visit - Old Town, Sirvanshah Palace, Heydar Alive Centre (architect - Zaha Hadid), Carpet museum, the Bulvar, Qobustan Rock Art, Mud volcanoes, Oil fields ( as made famous by 007 'Th eWorld is not enough")

2. We stayed at the JW Marriott, Baku. Would definitely recommend it as its a great hotel, has some good restaurants & has a fabulous spa

3. And lastly if you need a car to take you around the places outside of Baku - would recommend a gentleman called Kanan ( WhatsApp +994 50 231 12 42) - very helpful and professional, knows his way around Baku & has some fabulous anecdotes & stories to tell. He made several helpful suggestions to fine tune our itinerary & his local knowledge was very helpful.

We had a great trip to Baku & would definitely recommend a trip there. Will not be surprised if it becomes a trending destination in the coming years

12 replies to this topic
Rajkot, India
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Baku - some recommendations

sir kanan no is show wrong mins no. is not availlable on what's app

second i am also visit baku on this 8 oct to 12 oct

I visit Baku this month 8 to 12 and stay in hotel boulevard

I need your view about this hotel is this good or average?

as per website facility is hotel provide me all facility special free wifi or internet assess?

Also, tell me how much currency ( in dollar ) I need to carry ( please tell me minimum so I can think about it how much should I need to purchase )

about food is veg food available there?

I request also give me some good bar name so I can go there for fun ( not so much expensive ) please provide me with address

is an Indian bar available there?

thanks.

2. Re: Baku - some recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2017, 05:43

3. Re: Baku - some recommendations

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2017, 07:15

London, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baku - some recommendations

Hi,

Sorry it was a mistake in the printed number of Kanan its +994 50 231 02 42. I do apologize about that.

I really won't be able to comment about hotel boulevard as I didn't stay there. Baku is a reasonable place, but I think the amount of currency you'd carry there would totally depend on what you personal preferences are.

Veg food is definitely available. There are bars in hotels - definitely saw a nice one at the JW Marriott.

Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Baku - some recommendations

6. Re: Baku - some recommendations

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 October 2017, 12:35

7. Re: Baku - some recommendations

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 October 2017, 12:35

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
23 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Baku - some recommendations

Thank you for posting informative information . how much car guide charge you ? posting the number is helpful

the places you mentioned are in my list to watch .

regards

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Baku - some recommendations

Hi Keyamom,

We will be staying at the Marriott too! I have a few questions that I hope you don't mind answering :

Do they have good selection of vegetarian food in the restaurants in the hotel?

How much does it cost you to hire Kanan?

Is taxi service reliable?

Thanks.

3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Baku - some recommendations

What’s a good area to stay in ? Is Marriott in a better location or fairmont flame towers ?

Also how much is the average cab fair ?

How much does a meal at a decent restaurant cost?

Reply to: Baku - some recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Baku