We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

yerevan to tatev monastery day trip

denpasar
Level Contributor
901 posts
10 reviews
yerevan to tatev monastery day trip

hello...

have a plan to armenia (actually i am very confused dividing my days for armenia, georgia and istanbul,

so want to ask, is it possible for going to tatev monastery on a day trip from yerevan, how long is it ?

and in mid december aka winter, is the cable car working ? thx

13 replies to this topic
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
8,135 posts
393 reviews
1. Re: yerevan to tatev monastery day trip

It is a very long way for a daytrip, in my opinion the Tatev monastery is not exceptional although you can visit Noravank on the way. Visit Geghard first !

denpasar
Level Contributor
901 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: yerevan to tatev monastery day trip

from the photo i saw , it has good scenery, i ama more interested in surrounding scenery, also the longest cable car

i want to ask, what abiut going there in winter ? is it possible ?

Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
54 posts
108 reviews
3. Re: yerevan to tatev monastery day trip

Hello,

You may want to check some travel agencies that has a join in group tour.. It's much less of a hassle. :)

denpasar
Level Contributor
901 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: yerevan to tatev monastery day trip

already checked hyur service, they dont have group tour in december

btw just out of curiosity

why in TA georgia is listed in europe but armenia in asia? i believe there is no mountain or body of water separating the 2 countries, shouldnt both be in same continents?

Edited: 17 October 2016, 19:48
Level Contributor
20 posts
67 reviews
5. Re: yerevan to tatev monastery day trip

Yes cable is working.

If you want to go with privet car it will be 6 hours trip back and forth

Yerevan, Armenia
Level Contributor
39 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: yerevan to tatev monastery day trip

Tatev Monastery is definitely EXCEPTIONAL, I don't understand why some people not from Armenia consider themselves experts in giving such tips.

You can for sure do a day trip to Tatev and it's absolutely worth all the journey. Though the road is not very good but the landscapes are stunning. It changes so drastically every 20-30km. And the cable-car experience makes the journey even more worthwhile. On the way you can stop at Noravank monastery and also Karahunj which is magical (I hope you will have a correct tour guide to give you the right information about this surreal place).

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
8,135 posts
393 reviews
7. Re: yerevan to tatev monastery day trip

Local people in those forums often have a commercial approach (they want to sell their tours ...) or a nationalist approach (everything about their country is good ...), so the advice of other foreign tourists is often more neutral.

I don't think Tatav monastery is exceptional because i prefered Noravank, Geghard, Haghpat, Sanahin ... but of course it is a forum, in the matter of personal taste it is normal different people have different ideas.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: yerevan to tatev monastery day trip

Hi Aram,

Could you please suggest any tour operators for this Tatev Trips? Whether this week would be cold to wear a jacket while visiting Tatev?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
190 reviews
9. Re: yerevan to tatev monastery day trip

hi remesh,

if you need a trust worthy tour guide, please PM me, i can share his details with you, we just return from Armenia after a week trip. he charge very resonable. day trip is going to be very hectic.i would suggest an over night stay.

10. Re: yerevan to tatev monastery day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2017, 09:13

Reply to: yerevan to tatev monastery day trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted