We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Praha Hotel??

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
19 posts
59 reviews
Praha Hotel??

Hi there,

I am traveling to Yerevan to visit friends and they have booked accommodations for me at the Praha Hotel, near Tumenian Str. I've never heard of this hotel and cannot seem to find any info about it online. Can anyone provide any information about this hotel? Is it ok? Thanks!

tehran
Level Contributor
22 posts
1. Re: Praha Hotel??

dear friend

hotel facilities are acceptable.the rooms are clean.

the hotel staffs are polite.

the price is resonable.

Yerevan, Armenia
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Praha Hotel??

Hi,

Have you already stayed at the hotel Praha? Can you please share your impressions? And also do you have any contact information? There is nothing in the internet about this hotel.

Thanks!!

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
19 posts
59 reviews
3. Re: Praha Hotel??

Hi there,

Yes, I did stay at the Praha hotel... for one night only. The address of the Praha hotel is 22 Tumanyan. Their phone number is 10 51 99 09.

I did not like it at all. At first glance it was acceptable - small, clean lobby and clean hall. The room, while tidy, was not updated. In fact it looked as if it had not been renovated in 25 years. The mattress was old, thin and FULL of stains. It was only covered with one sheet. I kept waking up thinking that bugs might be in the bed. I only wish I had taken a photo of the mattress that I could post. The room had carpet, but it was old and god only knows what dirt and germs were settled in the carpet. I am incredibly thankful that I decided at the last moment to pack my slippers. The bathroom looked nice, but in the morning it had a tremendous odor.

I tried to sleep when I arrived at 5am however, I heard someone speaking so loudly I could not sleep. I also smelled cigarette smoke which was more disturbing than the talking. I don't smoke, so my sense of smell was very aware of the smoke.

The plus side of the hotel was that it was in town very close to the apartment where my friends lived. The other plus was that the hotel staff was extremely nice. I felt bad about leaving as I don't think they had many guests, but it really could not have spent more than one night at that hotel. I would highly recommend to the owner that they renovate their rooms - new beds, carpet and furniture.

Fortunately, I got a room at another hotel, which I believe was new and very nice. I have requested that trip advisor add both the Praha hotel and Villa Ayghedzor to their list of hotels and when they do I will write a review of both. The only downside of the Villa Ayghedzor was that I think I got a room that wasn't completely renovated or was poorly renovated. The walls did not quite meet the ceiling in some corners of the room, which is probably how a scorpion was able to crawl into the room. I am only grateful that I saw it as I was packing to leave for the airport. I was scared to death, but I managed to get the courage to kill it. On my new trip I will make sure that I reserve a room in the main part of the house.

Yerevan, Armenia
1 post
4. Re: Praha Hotel??

in Armenia Praha hotel used for sex. That's why matress was dirty. LOL.

Yerevan, Armenia
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Praha Hotel??

Sinheart,

Thank you for your detailed description. It was very helpful...

6. Re: Praha Hotel??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 May 2013, 01:35
7. Re: Praha Hotel??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2014, 09:46