We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning for Road trip from Yerevan to tbilisi

9 posts
Save Topic
Planning for Road trip from Yerevan to tbilisi

Dear Friends,

I am planning to do a road trip from Yerevan to Tbilisi with my family (2kids), kindly provide some information about

Border crossing

Route

places to see on the way

I am a veggie person would I get food on the way

any important tips to keep in mind

how flexible are rental cars in Armenia any known company to pick up

Edited: 06 August 2018, 17:26
12 replies to this topic
Brisbane
Level Contributor
27 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning for Road trip from Yerevan to tbilisi

Border crossing- takes about 15. No real problems.

Route- just download the maps on google. The road is not great in some areas.

places to see on the way- the mountains are nice but not anything interesting to stop at.

I am a veggie person would I get food on the way- There is almost nothing on the way.

any important tips to keep in mind- bring food and water. Not many places. There are a few people selling peaches on the way. Buy some. They are very good!

how flexible are rental cars in Armenia any known company to pick up-You need to check around. You need a letter to cross. Cars are not too cheap!

9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning for Road trip from Yerevan to tbilisi

Woow Thanks for all the Info. will research more on this

Yerevan, Armenia
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning for Road trip from Yerevan to tbilisi

NO.please wait.there are a lot of interesting things on your way to see.even more then for one day tour transfer .you can some of them keep for way back to see.just like you can do so

Yerevan-Sevan lake.-Dilijan city-Haghartsin-Goshavank-border Bagratashen.here you wll pass in 5 minutes.Tbilisi

Now the way back as I have promised you)))

Tbilisi-Bagratashen border-Haghpat monastery complex.here I can advise you to visit hotel Kefo .they have nice food .Sanahin Monastery -debed canyon river-Yerevan

Yerevan, Armenia
Level Contributor
203 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning for Road trip from Yerevan to tbilisi

Hi..Border cross is smooth no any hard issues...Along the way it's easy to see Sevanavank monastery Akhtala ...Akhtala is truly amazing .Don't miss it

Yerevan, Armenia
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning for Road trip from Yerevan to tbilisi

Crossing boarder is very simple

You can pass boarder in Bagratashen or Bavra (Bagratashen road is much better)

veggie people can find veggie BBQ in every restaurant or tavern ,we have a wide range of greens ,you will be amazed how cool to be a veggie in Armenia

Car rental companies try Hertz or Caravan

I suggest you take English speaking driver-guide who will navigate you it will be fun and locals know better where to go and what to do in Armenia

Let me know if you need any help with tour arrangement

Enjoy Armenia !

9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning for Road trip from Yerevan to tbilisi

Thanks, Friends for all he advice

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Planning for Road trip from Yerevan to tbilisi

Hi..I am a resident of UAE and I am planning to visit both Yerevan & Tbilisi for 3 days each with my family. I also decided to take a taxi drive from Yerevan to Tbilisi on 28th August. Which is the best available taxi service from Yerevan to Tbilisi (I am going with my family) and how much do they charge. Where can I get the Visa on arrival in Georgian border. I am a UAE resident with Indian passport and do I face any problem in getting the visa on arrival at Georgian border crossing. Kindly advice.I happened to see some messages in trip advisor that some of the Indians got deported even though they got the evisa. Will I have a problem as a resident of UAE for the last several years. How much I need to pay for the visa. I already have my hotel booking and return ticket to Dubai from Tbilisi and I have also taken travel insurance. Need your expert advice

Yerevan, Armenia
Level Contributor
277 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Planning for Road trip from Yerevan to tbilisi

If you have evisa and return ticket, it is not likely you will get rejected. There is no charge for entering to Georgia - they will stamp your passport and that's it.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Planning for Road trip from Yerevan to tbilisi

Hello Friend...Thanks for the response. UAE residents can get visa on arrival but was concerned about deportation of visitors with valid evisa of Indian origin so I want to double sure that everything is fine

Yerevan, Armenia
Level Contributor
277 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Planning for Road trip from Yerevan to tbilisi

Yes, I am aware of such incidents on Georgian border, mostly with Indian passport holders with no GCC residents. My point is, if you have a return ticket from Tbilisi, insurance, hotel bookings, etc, it is less likely you will be rejected to enter Georgia. You can also get an evisa, to be on a safe side. All the cases of rejection I am aware of, they were previously rejected for an evisa too. When crossing the border, present all the papers with confidence. Same applies when border control asks multiple cross-questions on your visit purpose and place to stay in Tbilisi.

Reply to: Planning for Road trip from Yerevan to tbilisi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted