We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One week enough time in Armenia?

Finland
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
One week enough time in Armenia?

Hello,

I am travelling to Georgia and Armenia next month. My travel time is 3 weeks and I will be arriving in Tbilisi, Georgia and also departing from Tbilisi.

Definitely I want to visit also in Armenia but I am now wondering how long time would be enough to see at least some of Armenia?

At the moment I am planning to stay about 2 weeks in Georgia (Tbilisi, Batumi, Borjomi, Gori, maybe some more places as well) and it would give 1 week stay in Armenia. But I am flexible with my itinerary.

I am interested in Yerevan and Lake Sevan. How many days you would think it would be good time to spend in Lake Sevan? Is it still suitable for swimming in late September?

Nagorno-Karabakh I was thinking too but I am afraid I won't have enough time for it.

Mentioned in this post
Georgia
Georgia
Europe
Tbilisi
Tbilisi
Georgia
Batumi
Batumi
Adjara Region, Georgia
Borjomi
Borjomi
Samtskhe-Javakheti Region, Georgia
Yerevan
Yerevan
Armenia
Lake Sevan
Lake Sevan
370 Reviews
Lake Sevan, Armenia
3 replies to this topic
Mashhad, Iran
Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One week enough time in Armenia?

I will spend a week in Yerevan in a few days, I’ll let you know!

Mentioned in this post
Yerevan
Yerevan
Armenia
Yerevan, Armenia
Level Contributor
245 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: One week enough time in Armenia?

The water in Lake Sevan is already cold late September, about 16-17 C the best.

If you are not going to visit the remote areas or Nagorno Karabakh, then a week will be enough to explore the top attractions.

Mentioned in this post
Lake Sevan
Lake Sevan
370 Reviews
Lake Sevan, Armenia
Yerevan, Armenia
Level Contributor
197 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One week enough time in Armenia?

Hi.A week is not enough to cover Karabakh with it's full...Karabakh needs a separate trip....Yerevan and around it's easy to reach Saghmosavank and Aragats slopes .You can see alpine meadows along the way..Amberd Fortress not far away from Yerevan.Garni and Geghart trip is worth too....in September Sevan resorts are close which means weather is not suitable for swimming ..so skip it.Ideal to do a Tzaxkadzor ropeway ride not far from Sevan

Mentioned in this post
Amberd Fortress
Amberd Fortress
66 Reviews
Byurakan, Armenia
Yerevan
Yerevan
Armenia
Reply to: One week enough time in Armenia?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted