We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One week enough time in Armenia?

Finland
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
One week enough time in Armenia?

Hello,

I am travelling to Georgia and Armenia next month. My travel time is 3 weeks and I will be arriving in Tbilisi, Georgia and also departing from Tbilisi.

Definitely I want to visit also in Armenia but I am now wondering how long time would be enough to see at least some of Armenia?

At the moment I am planning to stay about 2 weeks in Georgia (Tbilisi, Batumi, Borjomi, Gori, maybe some more places as well) and it would give 1 week stay in Armenia. But I am flexible with my itinerary.

I am interested in Yerevan and Lake Sevan. How many days you would think it would be good time to spend in Lake Sevan? Is it still suitable for swimming in late September?

Nagorno-Karabakh I was thinking too but I am afraid I won't have enough time for it.

8 replies to this topic
Mashhad, Iran
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: One week enough time in Armenia?

I will spend a week in Yerevan in a few days, I’ll let you know!

Yerevan, Armenia
Level Contributor
411 posts
2. Re: One week enough time in Armenia?

The water in Lake Sevan is already cold late September, about 16-17 C the best.

If you are not going to visit the remote areas or Nagorno Karabakh, then a week will be enough to explore the top attractions.

Yerevan, Armenia
Level Contributor
251 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: One week enough time in Armenia?

Hi.A week is not enough to cover Karabakh with it's full...Karabakh needs a separate trip....Yerevan and around it's easy to reach Saghmosavank and Aragats slopes .You can see alpine meadows along the way..Amberd Fortress not far away from Yerevan.Garni and Geghart trip is worth too....in September Sevan resorts are close which means weather is not suitable for swimming ..so skip it.Ideal to do a Tzaxkadzor ropeway ride not far from Sevan

Finland
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
4. Re: One week enough time in Armenia?

Thank you for replies and sorry for late reply. Yes, I will be skipping Karabakh as the time would not be enough anyway. I usually love to explore places and probably wouldn't enjoy too short travel.

Yerevan, Armenia
Level Contributor
114 posts
5. Re: One week enough time in Armenia?

depends on how you will come by car or by airplane.7 days are enough to cover 70 percent of Armenia.if you are coming by car. even since border of Sadakhlo-Bagratashen you can begin sightseeing from province Lori -Haghpat and Sanahin monastery complexes.and have overnight in Alaverdi city on the bank of river Debed.and so on

Mashhad, Iran
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: One week enough time in Armenia?

Hi, we have just spend a week in Armania, we arrived by plane on Saturday and spend sat, sun and monday for Yerevan and Tuesday and Wednesday for Garni Geghard (medieval monastery), Edjmiatsin (spiritual centre of Armenia, visiting Mother Cathedral, Saint Gayane church, Zvartnots cathedral ruins)

Tsaghkadzor (famous resort, cable car, zipline, Kecharis monastery), Sevan Lake (the largest lake in Armenia, Sevanavank moanstery), Dilijan (famous resort, Haghartsin monastery)

And on Thursday we left, but I know we have to go back! Bring warm clothes at night and in some places like lake sevan, it was really cold.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: One week enough time in Armenia?

It depends. just came back from Armenia. Beautiful country. I planned to stay for 5 days thinking that Armenia is small and would be enough to explore everything so i had extend my ticket extra 3 days just to explore more. And because i am with a bit old lady lol we had to take a rest every two days we coludent hundle our legs pain from climbing the stairs in Delijan and touring around Armenia. I think 1 week is enough if you have that energy to explore a city or 2 in one day.

8. Re: One week enough time in Armenia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2018, 16:20

Reply to: One week enough time in Armenia?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted