We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather end Aug

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
150 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Weather end Aug

Hi

We are in Yerevan between 29 Aug- 2 Sep. from the internet, I gather that the weather is 36 deg C -- is it likely to get better over the next week? What are the evenings like?

-I assume summer clothes are adequate or do we need anything warm?

- if it is too hot, are there are cooler places to get away to within a couple of hours drive from Yerevan?

Any advice appreciated- thanks a ton!

Mentioned in this post
Yerevan
Yerevan
Armenia
11 replies to this topic
Yerevan, Armenia
Level Contributor
33 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather end Aug

So the weather will be still very hot , but you better take some warm clothes if you want to go to the orher places exept Yerevan .It may be cold in the evenings and mornings at Sevan , Dilijan or Tsakhkadzor .

Mentioned in this post
Yerevan
Yerevan
Armenia
Dilijan
Dilijan
Tavush Province, Armenia
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
150 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather end Aug

Thanks Susanna - you have mentioned the 3 places I was looking at to escape the heat of Yerevan. Between Sevan , Dilijan and Tsakhkadzor, which would you recommend as a base to stay for 2 nights?

Mentioned in this post
Yerevan
Yerevan
Armenia
Dilijan
Dilijan
Tavush Province, Armenia
Tsakhkadzor
Tsakhkadzor
Kotayk Province, Armenia
Yerevan, Armenia
Level Contributor
33 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather end Aug

They are different :) , Sevan is our beautiful lake, where you can sweam and have a great time . In Tshakhkadzor there are many activities and restaurants etc, and I would prefer to have a rest at Dilijan , as the nature of it is sooo amasing, and there are several old cherchies near it, and a beautiful small lake .

Mentioned in this post
Dilijan
Dilijan
Tavush Province, Armenia
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
150 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather end Aug

That's helpful - thanks Susanna!

Yerevan, Armenia
Level Contributor
197 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather end Aug

hi dear..Dilijan not only for churches or monasteries..it's not right to go Dilijan and visit monasteries..Dilijan national park is great.There are 7-8 hiking trails...official group tour guides have never visited those areas.so dont listen the one who dont know the area.Dilijan is the male's job.

Mentioned in this post
Dilijan
Dilijan
Tavush Province, Armenia
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
150 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather end Aug

So rubenpM9134BS - are you suggesting that I go to Dilijan or don't go?

And could you clarify what you mean by 'Dilijan is the male's job'??

Edited: 28 August 2017, 11:19
Mentioned in this post
Dilijan
Dilijan
Tavush Province, Armenia
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
912 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather end Aug

Hi Dipti

i just got back from Yereven after 5 night break. weather is pleasant even though its summer. comparing with our summer in Dubai its nothing. no humidity at all and its cool to walk outside, we traveled with a toddler and she is perfectly fine with all the outing. evening's are pleasant.

enjoy your holidays ...

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Sharjah
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather end Aug

Hi Jessil.

Did u stay outside Yerevan. Which are the monasteries you would suggest as must visit. We just have one full day to go out of Yerevan and probably stay overnight at any colder destination.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Yerevan
Yerevan
Armenia
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
912 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather end Aug

hi Shiyas,

we didnt stay out of yerevan but we were doing day trip. Tatev is a must visit, but its very long drive from Yerevan, you can go there stay over night and return next day, if you need any contact in Yerevan i can provide a number of a good friend he can help you with tour and other arrangement and advice , he is based in Yerevan

Enjoy,

cheers

Jessil

Mentioned in this post
Yerevan
Yerevan
Armenia
10. Re: Weather end Aug

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2017, 09:13

Reply to: Weather end Aug
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted