We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get mobile data package?

Level Contributor
96 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
How to get mobile data package?

Hello folks

I would like to get a internet data plan for my mobile phone going as soon as I can after arriving I Yerevan. I understand that there are three main providers?

Can someone please explain the process? Where can one get these? What documents are required? How much does a decent data plan (say 2 GB) cost? How long does the plan take to activate? Which provider had good coverage even during our of town day trips?

Thanks for your advice!

4 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get mobile data package?

Hi,

For 1500-3500 AMD ( ~3-7 USD) you can get prepaid 3 in 1(data, call, messages) tariff plans.

Quality of all providers are almost same. It will take few minutes to register a new SIM card with prepaid plan.

Here are some reference links:

https:/…

or

https:/…for-prepaid

BTW: MTS has 24 hours open customer service desk in the airport.

Regards

Gagik

Level Contributor
96 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get mobile data package?

Hi Gagik

Many thanks for the detailed response and the links.

As you mentioned the airport desk for MTN, can you or others confirm that this shop is accessible through the arrivals area? Are the plans the same prices at the airport shop and outside?

Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get mobile data package?

Shop should be in arrival hall and the prices must be same as in other shops.

Zvartnots airport is not so big. Even if the shop is not in arrival hall, you can easly found it in departure hall.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
885 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get mobile data package?

i just got back from yerevan, got a data from arrival hall, there is a UCOM, counter, 6US$, you can get 5GB data plus 200 local minutes. and its 4G signal not 2/3G

Reply to: How to get mobile data package?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted