We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nha Trang

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nha Trang

I have just arrived in the Nha Trang, Regalia hotel, Tran Phu St. It's just across the road from the beach. I intend to go and explore to find out what's around but can anyone recommend eating, drinking, seeing things nearby?

Also any advice on best place to exchange currency? I am also looking to book a few tours. Is there any company's to avoid or are they all quite similar?

Thanks in advance

Penny Young.

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
Regalia Nha Trang Hotel
Regalia Nha Trang Hotel
180 Reviews
Nha Trang, Vietnam
LE TOURIST - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours
Labixa
Sightseeing Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling
Pham Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Bike Tours, Cultural Tours
Lucky Bastard Motorcycle Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Multi-day Tours, Motorcycle Tours
Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
10,546 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nha Trang

If you like Italian food Olivia's and Da Fernando are two that I love.

If you want seafood go north of the bridge where the locals eat.

Mentioned in this post
Da Fernando
Da Fernando
700 Reviews
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Nha Trang

Most travel agencies will change money but check the current bank rate first and then check the rate the travel agent offers. Often they will offer you a lower rate and if so either ask for a better rare or go elsewhere. Chances are they will then up their rate. Generally it's a quick and easy transaction.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Nha Trang

Thank you.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Nha Trang

Many thanks for replies

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
524 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nha Trang

Hi,

You can change money in bank to guarantee about rate.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,578 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nha Trang

Spend a day exploring the beach area and local shops in a less touristy area around Dang Tat street. Good swimming waters and inexpensive restaurants with a much less crowded atmosphere. The university and 4 colleges are there so you will find it a great area to get involves with locals. Most tour companies book the same tours and charge the same.

Owee58

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Nha Trang

Many thanks

Santa Barbara de...
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nha Trang

I was just in nha trang, here is what i recommend:

Food - eat some local food like Nem Nuong (google it :p), try the greek food place along Hung Vuong Street, and go to Nha Trang Center on tran Phu and eat at the food court - lots of different food options AND the food court has an amazing view of Nha Trang Bay.

See: besides the beach, check out the Pongar Temple, it is a hindu temple, go to Bai Dai beach if you can, and check out Skylight 360 bar & Skydeck. I cannot recommend the tours as i didnt join any.

If you can, try to go to Doc Let Beach - nice white sand beach with turquoise water. Doc let beach is about 1hr away from Nha Trang

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang Center
Nha Trang Center
264 Reviews
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
Bai Dai Beach
Bai Dai Beach
51 Reviews
Cam Ranh, Vietnam
9. Re: Nha Trang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2017, 09:47