We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beach with kids in february

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
15 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Best beach with kids in february

So we are in Hoi an and its freezing! 19 degrees, windy and rainy and we need sun and beach. Booking a flight to Nha Trang 15-29 th of feb - where should we stay? What beach is the best for 2 small kids (age 4 and one baby). Dont want to stay in the actually city and Nha Trang city beach doesnt look to exciting?! Hit me!

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,344 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beach with kids in february

You can have a look at the island resorts near Nha Trang, Vinpearl and Hon Tam. They are expensive but nice, Hon Tam has one of the nicest beaches in Nha Trang. They also have excellent pools. South out of town you can consider Diamond bay resort and Mia. There are also new resorts out near the airport on Bai Dai beach which is a good swimming beach and goes for miles. Weather should be nice and warm with little rain around. Enjoy.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best beach with kids in february

North of the main city. The beach here is much, much safer than the main beach in Nha Trang.

Here's a link to a map I just made from Google:

https://flic.kr/p/DVeZcR

The green encompasses the area where you could stay, the blue the little stretch of beach.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
15 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best beach with kids in february

Thank you so much! If Im looking for a place to stay what do I search for, like a name or a beach or resort?!

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best beach with kids in february

It kind of depends on whether you like expensive resorts or smaller, much (much!) cheaper hotels.

Here's what I'd do:

1. goto maps.google.com

2. search for hon chong, vinh phuoc, nha trang

3. click on the "nearby" icon

3. clock on "hotels"

Start exploring!

This also gets you out of your comfort zone where you'd normally rely on the seeded search results on Agoda, Booking, Hotels et al dot.com. I personally trust Google to come up with better results than those travel sites.

Edited: 08 February 2016, 10:24
pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,772 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best beach with kids in february

I am not so sure about Nha Trang for the whole of the period you mention. The temp should only get to around 25c with rain forecast by Accu next week.

On the other hand the driest place in Vietnam ,Ham Tien , has no rain forecast for your time and temps around 30c.

By all means fly to Nha Trang but keep a weather eye out and if you do get a period of rain take the Coach down to Ham Tien. 80% of accommodation at Ham Tien is waterfront. A problem you may have is bookings because of TET holiday period, which is coming to a close but bookings are often difficult.

Ham Tien is a very laidback type of place and not too Touristy. Very popular with Euro's.

Cheers Ross

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best beach with kids in february

Forecast has said rain repeatedly here in Nha Trang, but not a drop since I returned January 22.

Never trust weather forecasts for this place.

It has been unusually cool and very windy, but that sort of weather is supposed to end today.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,576 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best beach with kids in february

When we last went to Vinpearl, I saw plenty of local and western kids having a great time on the beach, which is quite nice. Didn't see any trash washing up on the sand either. (Perhaps the west side of Hon Tre island is sheltered from the prevailing currents?).

The Park has a water slide, a merry go round, a few amusements and other small attractions. Cable car ride out there is not that cheap but it does include admission to the amusement park, except for a sea life exhibit, which I think they now charge for. You can also get food and drinks out there for a fairly reasonable price. Fairly decent reviews here:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g293928-d1…

Good luck and Happy travels!

Richard

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,578 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best beach with kids in february

I agree. Nha Trang is where to be with kids. We have mostly good weather for most the year and forcasts are almost always wrong. There is more for kids to do than any other destination in Vietnam.

Owee58

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
15 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best beach with kids in february

Great, thank you everyone! And if my budget doesnt allow Mia and Vinepearl do you have any suggestion? With swimmingpool and calm beach not too far away :)

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best beach with kids in february

I'd suggest the Vien Dong (Far East) hotel: http://viendonghotel.vn/home-en

Except they don't show room rates on their web site

Going though hotels.com.vn shows no room availability for the forseeable future

I sometimes wonder how on earth those hotels attract guests. Their websites are often completely useless.

Get answers to your questions about Nha Trang
Recent Conversations