We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
190 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Flights

We are wanting to book flights HCM to Nha Trang on July 8 this year, for 6 of us.

Jetstar do not appear to have any flights after May 31...does anyone know if they will still be flying HCM to Nha Trang, in July?

Vietnam Airlines are 1,835,000d per person. I used: http://www.vietnamairlines.com/ is this correct?

VietJet are hugely cheaper than the Vietnam Airlines price at only 619,000d p/p (before baggage), but they only have flights very early or late in the day.

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,639 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights

Cheap flights are offered at times when no one wants to fly.

I would wait until closer to the date. They will be flying but I don't know how far in advance you can book tickets.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vietnam
Level Contributor
9,569 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights

"I used: http://www.vietnamairlines.com/ is this correct?"

Yes.

And as Ross says, you'll need to wait until closer to the date for the cheaper tickets to become available.

Cheers,

Scott

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
190 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights

Cheers Ross & Scott - I will keep watching.

Ross, "Cheap flights are offered at times when no one wants to fly"

I understand that. Vietjet only have 0700 or 1930 departures, neither of which are ideal with a 5 year old.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,579 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights

Remember it is Tet time here odds are nobody is updating their websites yet. You should have no problem finding flights in a few weeks.

Owee58

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights

Cheap flights to/from Nha Trang seem rare, at least with Vietnam Airlines. My family and I want to go in April, but we're opting for the train (to Da Nang).

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Da Nang
Da Nang
Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
564 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights

I find that if looking that far in advance if all the promo airfares are the same then they haven't been reduced yet. Search backwards and you'll see when they have been and then wait a while longer.

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,729 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights

I would consider using a local travel agent to find you affordable flights and times that suit you. You should start seeing new flight schedules after TET. Vietjet is supposed to be the biggest internal airline later this year overtaking Vietnam airlines.

Mentioned in this post
Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,882 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights

Vietjet is supposed to be the biggest internal airline later this year overtaking Vietnam airlines.

---------

They'd have to go some based on current fleet sizes............ https:/…Vietnam-Airlines https:/…VietJetAir

Sparkles77 ... From memory, Jetstar post flights about 3/4 months in advance. As for the cheaper fares being when no one wants to fly. We grabbed a couple flying at midday. For instance, HCMC - Hanoi routes, cheap flights with VA tend to be posted very early and go very quickly. Other routes you just have to search. If it's a popular route they'll be sold out (referring to supersaver flights) reasonably quickly and they don't come back later nearer the time.

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
190 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flights

Thank you for the info everyone.

International flights are in and out of HCM. We are wanting to book HCM to Nha Trang to Hoi An and back to HCM.

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Hoi An
Hoi An
tasmania
Level Contributor
394 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flights

we are looking at similar, were you able to get reasonable fares from Nha Trang to Da Nang (Hoi An) direct? I'm trying to find some now.

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Da Nang
Da Nang
Hoi An
Hoi An
Get answers to your questions about Nha Trang
Recent Conversations