We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day off cruise ship

Brisbane QLD
Level Contributor
87 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Day off cruise ship

Hi, I would like some information on what to do for a day in Nha Trang ,I have been here before although it was about 30 years ago . So the Cham Towers and such would still be the same except like me a little older.Thinking a reliable Xe Om diver or taxi or even hire car or should i just walk around the town?I like markets alleys and anything a bit different to my Australian life .Not super rich just on pension and managed to snag good deal on a cruise .So over to you Nha Trang experts

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
64 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day off cruise ship

Anothing option for you, you can rent bike to bike around beach of Nha Trang and take some photos, i think it'll R&R

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,996 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day off cruise ship

Ms Alan a pensioner is not likely to hire a bike. A pensioner is a retired person not a young active person generally speaking. Even if you meant a motor cycle to be rented it certainly would not be R&R.

No offence to fit seniors like me.

Cheers Ross

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Day off cruise ship

Google cruise nha trang tripadvisor. There have been quite a few posts related to this in the past month or so.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Day off cruise ship

I'm a senior and do R&R on motorcycle, but I agree with the gist.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,579 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day off cruise ship

Many people have difficulties finding day tours from local tour companies because there is some kind of "agreement" with the Port authorities, a local group, and the cruise line. There will be a line of taxis waiting at the gate and a few people that delegate a tour. Perhaps an easy way to see town if you do not want to pay big bucks for a 3 hour tour is........

Walk straight through the gates and around the bend to the right you will find a bus stop for the #4 the bus costs 7000 dong per person (change some small money on the ship) and it will take you along the ocean, then through the tourist area. After that it will go close to the Dam Market, past the Ponagar Cham towers, down Thap Ba street back to the ocean and then to a very nice swimming beach in an area much less crowded by tourists. To get back, just catch the same bus in the opposite direction. You can rent a taxi or Xe Om anytime you want but the bus is reliable, air conditioned, and fun.

Owee58

Mentioned in this post
Dam Market
Dam Market
180 Reviews
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Brisbane QLD
Level Contributor
87 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day off cruise ship

Thank you all so much, this has been helpful especially Owee , and by the way I can ride a bike not that old yet. Thank you all once again.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
179 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day off cruise ship

Or you could catch the free Shuttle Bus into Ba Ria and get a taxi from there!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
179 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day off cruise ship

Ignore my previous post - got confused with VT. Duh (8-((

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Day off cruise ship

Really? Ba Ria is quite a ways away, I believe.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
179 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day off cruise ship

Duh! See previous post! Trying to organise private day excursions/activities for a cruise & got confused as to which site and country I was talking about (8-((

Get answers to your questions about Nha Trang
Recent Conversations