We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from airport

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
23 posts
Taxi from airport

Hi.my flight arriving to Nha Trang at 10.30 pm,so I guess at this late time taxi is the only way to get to the hotel?im staying at Asia paradise hotel,maybe someone know how much the taxi would cost?there is a 3of us.is it easy to get the taxi there?should I book it at the counter,or strait pay to the driver?is it safe?maybe can book taxi online?anybody know which website is better to book cheaper?this is a first time to Vietnam,so any advise appropriated.can I use USdollars to pay for taxi?

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
1. Re: Taxi from airport

Whenever there's a flight there's an airport minibus. It will take you to the municipal airport; from there you can walk (1.1 km) to your hotel. You could also take a taxi but be prepared for the driver to be less than happy for such a short ride. The ride will cost you about $.75.

The minibus from the airport ticket costs 65,000.

If you choose a taxi from the airport the flat rate is about 300-350,000. It will, of course, take you to your hotel.

You do not pay anything in Vietnam using currencies other than Vietnamese Dong.

Edited: 27 January 2016, 23:09
Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
23 posts
2. Re: Taxi from airport

thank you.u mean we better take a mini bus to the city,paying 65000 per a person,and then take a taxi?that would be almost half price cheaper then just to take a taxi from the aeroport. What is the starting taxi price?and does it counts by kilometers?

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
10,960 posts
247 reviews
3. Re: Taxi from airport

So this means you need to change your USD to VND when you first arrive in Vietnam before you fly to Nha Trang.

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
565 posts
64 reviews
4. Re: Taxi from airport

If you don't already have US$ don't go and exchange your own currency into US$ before you depart. You will see hotel prices etc advertised in US$ but that is not the currency you actually pay with. You pay in Dong. It's just easier for most foreigners to understand the cost displayed in $US.

5. Re: Taxi from airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2017, 11:48
Get answers to your questions about Nha Trang