We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport between Nha Trang & Mui Ne & HCMC

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Transport between Nha Trang & Mui Ne & HCMC

We are 2 couples flying from HCMC to Nha Trang on 9th January and are wondering about the best options for transportation after we land. Should we book before we travel or once we are there ? We need to get from the airport to our hotel after landing at 20.10 so would we need to get a taxi or will there be public transport at that time of the evening ? We are staying for 4 nights then need to travel to Mui Ne where we will be staying for 3 nights. I have noticed that they do the sleeper coaches are these the best options for us ? Our last travel date is from Mui Ne on 16th January back to HCMC where we fly back that night. We have booked a hotel near the airport so we can have a few hours sleep late afternoon and freshen up. I'm trying to work out the journey time back from Mui Ne to HCMC and seems to be varying but around about 6 hours. Has anyone any recommendations on who the best company is to book with or do we just book whilst we are out there ? Also could you advise of an approx cost per person.

Many thanks in advance

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,814 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport between Nha Trang & Mui Ne & HCMC

No public transport from the airport. Plenty of taxis around or you can book a private car. Depending on where you are staying cost approx 300,000 to 350,000 VND. Easy to book transport to Mui ne when you get here. If you PM me I will give

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
61 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport between Nha Trang & Mui Ne & HCMC

You should avoid sleeper buses which are dangerous now. Here is the article about this: vnexpress.net/tin-tuc/thoi-su/nan-nhan-thoat… It's in Vietnamese but the photos speak it out !

The drivers often use too much horn. The buses are hop-on/off many times to pick up other guests on the road, so local buses are not your choice. You should take a private car instead for Nha Trang - Mui Ne - Ho Chi Minh city.

For the late arrival after 8pm at Nha Trang airport, it's easy to take an airport taxi at around 300.000 VND/ 1 car (~16 $).

Da Lat, Vietnam
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport between Nha Trang & Mui Ne & HCMC

Hi

Hope you are well.

Landing at that time so best way to get to the city must be taxi , there are many taxis waiting for you to pick one . Go with Mai Linh, this taxi company has good service award 2015 ( green colour ).The others taxis before get on the taxi remember the number plate with taxi code in case you forgot things want to get them back. Pay on taxi odometer or it can be deal with taxi driver for a good price around 13 -16$/ taxi.

Go by sleeping bus is fine , go with Phuong Trang ( Futa) this company also has good service award, have all bus drivers been trained well so can give it a trust, beside starts every hour from NT - MN then MN -SG so that you would manage your little time.

Best Regards

FB/dattiennguyen192

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport between Nha Trang & Mui Ne & HCMC

Thank you very much for the information.

Debbie

uk
Level Contributor
75 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport between Nha Trang & Mui Ne & HCMC

We have used tbe sleeper buses many times and have done tbe Nha Trang to HCMC route via Mui Ne 3 times. In our opinion tne best operator is the sinh tourist ( beware of copycats) https://www.thesinhtourist.vn/

You can see a timetable online and book in advance, we just booked HCMC to Nha Trang, its 11 hours and costs about 6 pounds.

As previous poster suggests the roads are manic but i feel safer in a bus than in a car. They have an office in all the major resorts, if i remember correctly the only down side to Mui Ne is that you get dropped off at silly o'clock.

Edited: 30 October 2015, 21:37
Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport between Nha Trang & Mui Ne & HCMC

Thanks very much for the reply. It's nice to get feedback from someone who has used them and clearly recommend them. I will have a look now. We decided to fly up to Nha Trang rather than bus it due to the long journey so hopefully by staying 3 nights in Mui Ne it should break the 2 journeys up between there and HCMC.

Thanks again

Debbie

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport between Nha Trang & Mui Ne & HCMC

paulandceleste - can you advise the journey time on SinhTourist from Nha Trang to Mui Ne & Mui Ne to HCMC please. I can't seem to find this on their site.

Many thanks in advance

Debbie Brady

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport between Nha Trang & Mui Ne & HCMC

Sorry I've just found the arrival time and journey length on another tab :)

uk
Level Contributor
75 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transport between Nha Trang & Mui Ne & HCMC

Deborah

Just be aware that if you are flying to Nha Trang the airport is a long way away, i guess at 30 km. i think tne only option is a taxi. In general be wary of taxis in Vietnam especially from the airport, we learnt the hard way and now will only use mai lyn or vinasun. Beware of imitations.

We are in Nha Trang from 13 th January.

NEWTOWNARDS, N...
Level Contributor
620 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transport between Nha Trang & Mui Ne & HCMC

You can get a minibus from Nha Trang/Cam Ranh airport for around 70K VND which drops you at the old airport in town and from there you can take a taxi. Most hotels that side of the bridge will cost no more than three of four dollars from there.