We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour in Nha Trang

LISBON
Level Contributor
164 posts
219 reviews
Save Topic
Tour in Nha Trang

28 th. October I'm arriving to Nha Trang in Legend of the Seas that is there between 10.00 a.m. and 05.00 p.m.

I would like to do a private tour during about 5 hours.

Do you think that is easy to find a taxi in port for doing a tour?

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
Da Lat, Vietnam
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour in Nha Trang

Hi.

5 hours for a private tour that is a bit rush but it is possible to do. Everything would be easy if you are already set them down clearly. Use a taxi for your private tour, it is a good option so you don't spend too much time to walk around town to look for private car with private driver at travel agencies, you pay on odometer or deal with driver for a good price. Mai Linh taxi can be trust to do that.

Few hours in city to see Long Son Pagoda ( big white buddha ),

Ponagar temple, Stone church, Oceanographic institute, King Bao Dai palace after these end up at Thap Ba hotspring center for muds bath for relaxing .

Best Regards

FB/dattiennguyen192

Mentioned in this post
Long Son Pagoda
Long Son Pagoda
1,681 Reviews
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,832 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour in Nha Trang

Contact Lanterns (restaurant) they take really great tours to the countryside

Da Lat, Vietnam
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour in Nha Trang

Hmm , Maz1 . Contact lanterns restaurant for cooking class for 5 hours ha ? and I dont think 5 hours for countryside tour is good option bro .

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour in Nha Trang

I just can't wrap my head around the fact that someone will sail up and down the coast and only spend 5 hours in a pretty place like Nha Trang. In my opinion there's something seriously wrong with an itinerary like that.

To the OP: take a taxi downtown, visit Long Son Pagoda and the Thap Ba Cham ruins. Then have a quick lunch and a coffee overlooking the East Sea. That's about all you have time for.

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Long Son Pagoda
Long Son Pagoda
1,681 Reviews
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,832 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour in Nha Trang

No Dat- contact Lanterns restaurant as that is where they take the bookings for their private tours-

Da Lat, Vietnam
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour in Nha Trang

Hi all

Jim, what is your suggestion for this ? Don't tell me countryside ?

Maz1, One thing i know this restaurant only got restaurant business certificate , are they got tour business certificate ? If they do would you mind to show me ? I would better show he to some travel agencies.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tour in Nha Trang

Look, you need to get downtown and back, say 30 minutes total, then you'll need to have everything already set up for a tour of the countryside. Say another 30 minutes to get to the countryside, another half hour to wind up a mountain road, for example. You also need to get back, have a meal, relax. I hardly think it would be worth it. If you wish to visit Vietnam and see everyday life, all you need is to get into town (6 km) and see a couple of the sights, then sit down and enjoy some good food. I think that might be more rewarding than sitting in a car for 4-5 hours.

I do frequent half or almost full day excursions from Nha Trang, but a lot of driving on less than pristine roads is involved. I truly enjoy the countryside, but I think you'll be short a couple of hours.

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
LISBON
Level Contributor
164 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tour in Nha Trang

Do you think it´s easy to get a taxi in port and another in town to come back? They accept dollars?

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Tour in Nha Trang

Very easy. Try to get hold of some Vietnamese currency. If not you'll probably have to accept a rate like $1 = ₫20,000. The attractions won't accept foreign currencies, and the restaurants will expect local currency as well.

If you do opt for a car I'm sure you can work out something with the company.

Edited: 26 September 2015, 14:27
Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tour in Nha Trang

With only 5 hours would give Oceanographic institute a miss - not a great place especially when there is not much time.

When we did Lanterns Countryside tour we left about 9 am but it was with a private taxi company and one of the girls from the restaurant so they could possibly pick you up at the Port and return you there. Worth asking them if that is what you fancy doing.

Get answers to your questions about Nha Trang