We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport-hotel private transfer, Whale Island area?

MyCity
Level Contributor
104 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Airport-hotel private transfer, Whale Island area?

Hi,

we're considering staying for a few days in one of the more remote "Nha Trang" resorts, like Whale Island or Some Days of Silence. Since it's like a 1,5-2h ride one way from the airport, can you recommend any reasonable private transport option (apart from taking the hotel offer which is usually quite overpriced)?

Is a metered taxi ride an option and does it make sense?

Do you know any reliable local transport companies that I can arrange it with beforehand, in order to minimize time lost at the airport trying to negotiate a fare with someone there?

Thanks for all tips!

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
Whale Island Resort
Whale Island Resort
455 Reviews
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Hon Mun Island Half-Day Snorkeling...
31 Reviews
from US$ 25.00*
Free Cancellation
Nha Trang Sunset Cocktails and Dinner...
9 Reviews
from US$ 90.00*
Free Cancellation
Half-Day Nha Trang Island Jetski Tour
3 Reviews
from US$ 205.90*
Free Cancellation
vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,673 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport-hotel private transfer, Whale Island area?

Whale island would be more than a 2 hr drive from the airport. Once you have decided on hotel / resort check there price. You can then get a local travel agent to give you a price which I'm sure will be cheaper. You can PM me and I will give you the details of the company I deal with.

You can of course just negotiate a price from on of the many taxis at the airport but don't go on the meter, it will be expensive.

Mentioned in this post
Whale Island Resort
Whale Island Resort
455 Reviews
Nha Trang, Vietnam
2. Re: Airport-hotel private transfer, Whale Island area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2016, 10:47