We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nha Trang at T E T

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Nha Trang at T E T

Hi we are thinking of Vietnam next january and planning the 26 - feb 1 in Nha Trang . Is Nha Trang a good place to spend T E T. We like to party a bit . What is happening then ? . Also Is the weather by then beach worthy.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
10,086 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nha Trang at T E T

Weatherwise Nha Trang not adviseable for the beach. TET yes.

Further south for the better weather at this time, so how about HCMC for TET and Mui Ne or Phu Quoc for the beach ?

Cheers Ross

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nha Trang at T E T

Têt is not a good time to be in Vietnam. If you are going to be there anyway, HCMC is going mad with motorbikes. Nha Trang is more 'civilized' in that respect, but the beach doesn't really get consistently good until March. There will (probably) be fine, sunny days, though, but it is a question of luck. Be aware that bus, hotel, restaurant prices go up, sometimes by a factor of three.

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,821 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nha Trang at T E T

I'm not sure when TET is next year but think you may miss it on those dates.

I enjoy TET in Nha Trang as apart from the beach and tourist area everything just about closes down for 3 to 5 days. Roads are very quiet and it's a good time to walk around and explore without having to worry about traffic.

Plenty of activities going on down at the beach area and it will be very busy there especially in the evening. In the tourist area it will be business as usual. Weather wise you can expect some rain but still sunny days around. Good idea to book accommodation in advance as most hotels will be very busy.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nha Trang at T E T

tet january 31 2014

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,821 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nha Trang at T E T

Thanks, good to know. Seems to be getting earlier every year.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Nha Trang at T E T

It has got a life cycle of its own. It is the lunar calendar.

Edited: 31 March 2013, 13:07
Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nha Trang at T E T

Hi,

I was in Nha Trang last year during TET and I had a great time! Started in HCMC the day after their new year - and on the contrary to what everyone said it was a great time to visit. In Nha Trang their was a 7 day festival on the beach in front of The Sailing Club which was heaps of fun every night. Some of the smaller shops are closed but apart from that the place was buzzing with activities. Lots of the locals were out and about and I lost count of the amount of times I raised my glass with the Vietnamese and said their happy new year saying "chuc Mung na moi" or something like that. The weather was absolutely perfect for a week over that time, so I have to disagree with the negative comments above. Book it and go, I am going back myself at the same time this year! Feel free to PM me if you wants any hotel/restaurant recommendations :)

8. Re: Nha Trang at T E T

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2014, 11:49